• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Having friends walk out of my life

Wow that's a difficult set of people you have to contend with around mental health. But when you read what others are up against here on this forum, you probably hear some experiences you can relate to? I know I do.

There's actually nothing a lot of therapist's like better than for you to have a good cry. Because of expression of emotion generally being seen as good for you. It can be a release of stress. And helps get through things. When life gets more normal soon, perhaps you can join some classes or groups, that will be interesting and take your mind of the worries you have. Things will sort out.

It's good you've have an appointment it's a chance to express how things are for you, at least.

Yes, a lot of people in my cultural area (Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood) are very backwards when it comes to understanding mental health. If something isn’t country or rap music, football, trucks or Cadillacs, beer, cigarettes, or guns, they don’t care about it. I haven’t really come across people who have had similar experiences to what I go through on here unless I am just not looking hard enough.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom