• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Having a girlfriend

samthefootball

How many people on here are married or have a girlfriend. I am 25 and I have never had a girlfriend, I haven't even had my first kiss or held a girls hand

well if I wasn’t home schooled I’d have probably gotten another gf. My last girlfriend was back in elementary & I’m currently heading to the 11th grade. All honesty it sucks not having a real life girlfriend like i used to but with my situation at the moment I’ll just have to stick with the online dating which is a’ight for rught now. I do plan on hitting up some college chicks when that time comes so I’m super stoked about that.

Believe me I’ve seen some of the ugliest folks snag a girlfriend, so don’t even sweat it man.

Most girls in the online world are mainly after the fake boys. You’ll find someone soon and when it does eventually happen your lufe will be totally different.

Lol I can't even get online dating right. Girls never replied to my messages on plenty of fish

This website is poorly optimized for mobile so I can’t even fix my spelling mistakes without getting on my PC..

I was 25 when I met my first girlfriend. Please don't be so anxious to have a girlfriend that you expose yourself to people that might try to take advantage of you. Give yourself a little more time. As people get older they begin to realize the truly important attributes of a potential partner.

Most girls in the online world are mainly after the fake boys. You’ll find someone soon and when it does eventually happen your lufe will be totally different.
It’s more that girls on online dating sites are swamped with hundreds, if not thousands of messages from men. It’s really hard to stand out in a crowd.

Also, don’t expect finding someone to suddenly change your life. Heaping expectations like that on people is a good way to scare them off before you even have the chance to really get to know each other.

Don’t get too worked up over it, don’t look too hard, just work on developing and improving yourself into the person you want to be, and you will be much more of an attractive partner to someone who likes you for you.

I was 19 or 20 before I had my first girlfiend (that was a typo, but it's so fitting that I'm leaving it).

In my experience, a girlfriend is like a high-maintenance pet, but more expensive. Then again, I've never really liked any of my girlfriends; I was with them for all the wrong reasons because I was a profoundly selfish person.

I didn't have a girlfriend until I was 26, so nothing really unusual there. I have one now (we've been off again, on again for the past few months). The advise about not being too anxious to find one, or to hold onto the "wrong" one is very important. I made mistakes holding onto the wrong person for way too long. Life is too short to be unhappy, even if that means being lonely & starting from square one is required. My last relationship was actually pretty unhealthy, in retrospect, & should have ended much sooner. But I was too afraid I would never find someone so stayed in it longer than I should have...

I've said this way too many times on here but I didn't have a first kiss until I was 40.

I didn't get one until my 50s, way after my body was capable of being physical. it ended disastrously. oh well, there's always the next life...:cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom