• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hatred of people

deathrow2016

Retro Obsessed
Even before I was diagnosed, I had a genuine hatred for society. Paranoid, unable to trust, flinch at the slightest touch. And I wasn't diagnosed until later on in life (16, now 20). Is it possible that I don't have aspergers and I just despise just about everything in life on its own? I'm sure there's another diagnosis for that but beyond the point it'd be nice to have this be a misdiagnosis. The few I even do say much to say I don't act like it or it could be false.

I'm not a professional so it's hard to say. I'm on the spectrum and paranoid. Flinching at the slightest touch could be an Asperger's sensory thing. But if you doubt your diagnosis I'd see another professional.

Well I was diagnosed with schizoid PD first and then Aspergers some time later and there is a lot of overlap between them, but it's possible (and not too uncommon) to meet the criteria for both. (I hear that's the case for several other frequently co-occurring conditions with Aspergers too.) I think of them as quite different - they probably feed into each other, but I can usually tell when one behaviour / struggle fits under one condition versus the other.

I don't really think of my inability and lack of interest in human intimacy (characteristic of SzPD) as maladaptive or pathological, but whatever, for the sake of communicating a point.

From my understanding a lot of individual characteristics of aspies could constitute other diagnosable conditions (like sensory processing disorder) but what makes us aspie is the combination of all of them.

I was misdiagnosed 6 times before Aspergers!! Its possible, but also possible you have more than one condition. Its difficult to say even for professionals without having longer term assessments or long term therapy.

people shouldnt know our conditions they need to back off. its not our job to tell them to wash their own pathetic stupid excuses and judgments. judge a baby that doesnt walk properly. god this society needs help.

people shouldnt know our conditions they need to back off. its not our job to tell them to wash their own pathetic stupid excuses and judgments. judge a baby that doesnt walk properly. god this society needs help.

My stuff is I have an issue processing things people say to me for 30 seconds and then I respond. I do not feel empathy. I do not smile much. I laugh 30 seconds later at a joke. I have a stone face all the time. I make people very uncomfortable around me because I never smile and have a stone face. They can never read what I am thinking. They think I am strange and creepy. I get lost all the time driving to a place I have been to a million times. I like to date just cannot stand someone moving too fast. I do not like people touching me when I have not gotten to know them yet. People rush me too fast so I stopped the dating. I am trying to find a local autistic dating site so I can be me and real and not try to have swagger when I do not have swagger. I do not enjoy much when going to do things when I should really be enjoying being out and about. I do not have much joy in life even when I try. I try to buy things, go to dinner with friends, small talk and not much makes me really happy. So this is my high functioning autistic self. I think if I ever told someone I have it they would judge me and I would be fired. I would also lose my child if I tell someone. So dating, I will date if I can find a local autistic site of like minded people

My stuff is I have an issue processing things people say to me for 30 seconds and then I respond. I do not feel empathy. I do not smile much. I laugh 30 seconds later at a joke. I have a stone face all the time. I make people very uncomfortable around me because I never smile and have a stone face. They can never read what I am thinking. They think I am strange and creepy. I get lost all the time driving to a place I have been to a million times. I like to date just cannot stand someone moving too fast. I do not like people touching me when I have not gotten to know them yet. People rush me too fast so I stopped the dating. I am trying to find a local autistic dating site so I can be me and real and not try to have swagger when I do not have swagger. I do not enjoy much when going to do things when I should really be enjoying being out and about. I do not have much joy in life even when I try. I try to buy things, go to dinner with friends, small talk and not much makes me really happy. So this is my high functioning autistic self. I think if I ever told someone I have it they would judge me and I would be fired. I would also lose my child if I tell someone. So dating, I will date if I can find a local autistic site of like minded people
i wouldnt worry. its their problem not yours. we all can laugh at whatever seems fit.

I'm certainly not a misanthrope.

But that doesn't change my perceived autistic reality in a distinct preference for human contact in small doses.

Even before I was diagnosed, I had a genuine hatred for society. Paranoid, unable to trust, flinch at the slightest touch. And I wasn't diagnosed until later on in life (16, now 20). Is it possible that I don't have aspergers and I just despise just about everything in life on its own? I'm sure there's another diagnosis for that but beyond the point it'd be nice to have this be a misdiagnosis. The few I even do say much to say I don't act like it or it could be false.

I believe you are looking at this from the wrong angle. Please allow me to explain:

Aspurgers is a syndrome which means it isn't anything connected a specific genetic trait but instead simply a collection of common symptoms. In essence, this diagnosis isn't the same as cancer which can be scanned, viewed and measured but instead more like a personality type defined by a collection of similar traits.

That being said you (and everyone else really) shouldn't focus on the validity of the diagnosis but instead focus on what the symptoms mean to you and your life. The only reason why the diagnosis should be a concern to you is if you actually want to study the diagnosis and use what has already been learned by others to help you with your own self identification. If you want to detach yourself from the diagnosis, that is your prerogative but you will be going about dealing with yourself alone from then on. If you seek different diagnosis because you may find discrepancies then you will be on a never ending journey because no chapter in a psychology book can ever fully encompass the complexity of one human mind. If you spend too much time looking for a better label, you will become lost in a forest looking for the perfect tree.

Let's talk about what is more important: That hatred.
You say...
EI'm sure there's another diagnosis for that but beyond the point it'd be nice to have this be a misdiagnosis.

...like the diagnosis itself is somehow the key to focus on but in fact, it is more important to address the hatred directly. Because unless you have a specific brain disorder, there is no scientific holy grail to address an inner hatred. It is really a journey of self discovery. If you have recently been brought to the attention of psychosis and its presence in your life then chances are you haven't been hard pressed for constant therapy and self correction as others may have. While every individual thinks they know who they are better than others, the fact is self discovery is one of the hardest things for anyone to achieve. That hatred, I believe, is very real and comes from something inside you that is equally real. That doesn't mean it cannot be addressed. It should be because it will eat you alive if left in such a state.

The very first step on this journey is not "what do I call my problem?" but instead "do I want to keep this hatred or get rid of it?" Until you answer this question for yourself you cannot find any solace. No amount of diagnosis or doctors visits or books or forums will begin to help you understand who you are.

New Threads

Top Bottom