• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has the time passed for me to ever get a girlfriend?

Where does your instinct point?

That my life is my own and not a product of a "plan" by the God most of the country I live in worships. I just have so many things stacked against me. I've actually been told I am not "allowed" to talk to women unless I shed off my pounds until I look like an Icelandic strongman, work full time, and move out of my mother's house but those things just don't happen right away and my patience in life has shrunk severely so I can't bear time anymore. I don't have any faith in time at all anymore. I missed out on many milestones in my developmental years so it's like I am an obsolete item sitting in a garage until it gets thrown away.

@Markness
"I've actually been told I am not "allowed" to talk to women unless
I shed off my pounds until I look like an Icelandic strongman,
work full time, and move out of my mother's house..."

Who told you that?
And what authority do they possess to enforce those requirements?

Any?

@Markness
"I've actually been told I am not "allowed" to talk to women unless
I shed off my pounds until I look like an Icelandic strongman,
work full time, and move out of my mother's house..."

Who told you that?
And what authority do they possess to enforce those requirements?

Any?

My parents (Especially my mother although she actually doesn't want me to move out), my stepfather, my older brother, people in the culture I live in (Central Texas Bible Belt), people on Wrong Planet, ex-friends, and websites that hate "nice guys" as well as "Average Frustrated Chumps".

I can't say anything back to them without getting mocked because I have nothing to feel confident about.

Last edited:
For me God helps me feel confident. I have faith in a better tommorrow. For you it sounds like you have been almost forced to believe. Thats not how it works. Faith in something is a choice made freely. Thats my opinion on that. But as for a woman. What do you believe will change if you were with one?

For me God helps me feel confident. I have faith in a better tommorrow. For you it sounds like you have been almost forced to believe. Thats not how it works. Faith in something is a choice made freely. Thats my opinion on that. But as for a woman. What do you believe will change if you were with one?

I would feel more confident and wouldn't feel like a loser anymore.

So you want a woman to help lift you up. I can respect that. But in order to find such a woman. You have to build yourself up. Both in body and mind.

Posts #86 and 87 brought this to mind:

I haven't watched the whole video yet but I have been told I need to feel "whole" before I can have a relationship. My mind always brings up reasons why I feel bad about myself and I always see couples wherever I go so I don't see how I can feel "whole".

New Threads

Top Bottom