• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fidget Toy recommendations? (things to stim with)

ZebraAspie

V.I.P Member
Looking for some new fidget toys to help stop scratching. Currently use tangles and snake puzzle. Sometimes a popper toy or something soft like a teddy. Any suggestions what to try?

While they are not exactly considered toys, I have found that Baoding balls (chinese exercise/meditation orbs held in the hand) can offer both focus and relaxation as well as keeping your hand limber.

If you had a set for each hand, it would be hard to scratch yourself.

Many have little chimes inside, but you can get them without as well if the sound would annoy you.

Just a thought as it may not be anything like what you are looking for.

Another suggestion, practice "rolling" a coin with the backs of your fingers. The concentration will take your mind off your anxiety and the coin gives you a nice way to fidget.

Looking for some new fidget toys to help stop scratching. Currently use tangles and snake puzzle. Sometimes a popper toy or something soft like a teddy. Any suggestions what to try?
They are called S biners but that doesn’t matter. They are clever, smooth, small and have a swiveling catch which is what unlocks the little gates at each side:
lock and unlock

75E7BDED-A427-4C6C-9BBD-9B3697EBBFE5.jpeg

While they are not exactly considered toys, I have found that Baoding balls (chinese exercise/meditation orbs held in the hand) can offer both focus and relaxation as well as keeping your hand limber.

If you had a set for each hand, it would be hard to scratch yourself.

Many have little chimes inside, but you can get them without as well if the sound would annoy you.

Just a thought as it may not be anything like what you are looking for.
I once tried these in a shop but they were super pricey. I did like them though. I will have a Google And see if I can find any which are more affordable. They are also relatively discrete which would be useful in professional scenarios. Thankyou for reminding me of these.

Another suggestion, practice "rolling" a coin with the backs of your fingers. The concentration will take your mind off your anxiety and the coin gives you a nice way to fidget.

Nice going to have try this. When I was in primary school I was given coins to fiddle with to help my focus so this Is a nice memory.

I like to fiddle with my Leatherman tool. (Everyone has a Leatherman tool in their pocket, right?) When I unfold it or fold it up, it makes a slight mechanical noise that I find very soothing. Fiddling with it gives me something to do with my hands. I always have it with me, so it is always available for me to fiddle with.

I can’t remember what it is called but you can move the attached blocks around in different combinations. A bit similar to rubik’s cube . It is extremely satisfying.

image.jpg

No, but it looks like something I would play with. I had something a little similar. It was linked plastic pieces that formed a ring, or you could kind of fold them into a stack. But, I accidentally broke it.

I love this kind of thing, but any sort of plastic fidget/stim object only holds my interest for a few days at most. Except for the very specific style of stress balls that I've kept with me everywhere I go for the last 20 years :)

Ah yeah, infinity cubes IIRC. I've seen those around for sale and they always intrigue me for stimming but I just know I'll inevitably go back to like...just clicking my smartphone's stylus or fiddling around with a small Transformer as a fidget object IDK why.

Maybe it's just because I've never actually bought something specifically for stimming so I just use stuff I already have.

I love those soft squishy balls because l love the softness, so squishy. Given a noise sounding stim toy or a feel type stim, l would opt for the feel stim choice. I always will start feeling my elastic in my pants etc. or the inseam or the material .

Pens have always been my go to. Either clicking or tapping on my thigh. It doesn't draw a too much attention at work. I recently got a pen with a spinning top and it has been nice as well.

Ah yeah, infinity cubes IIRC. I've seen those around for sale and they always intrigue me for stimming but I just know I'll inevitably go back to like...just clicking my smartphone's stylus or fiddling around with a small Transformer as a fidget object IDK why.

Maybe it's just because I've never actually bought something specifically for stimming so I just use stuff I already have.
Oh yes infinity cubes ! That’s what they are I forgot the name . I use fidget spinner and infinity cubes

Pens have always been my go to. Either clicking or tapping on my thigh. It doesn't draw a too much attention at work. I recently got a pen with a spinning top and it has been nice as well.
I do love clicking pens, l just realized that. Omg

New Threads

Top Bottom