• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone else here been involved in a toxic relationship, short term or long term?

I was in an abusive marriage and have experienced other bad situations, too. My parents were somewhat abusive, but they still loved me and were good to me in lots of ways.

i dont feel uncomfortable about sharing anything if its in a serious context
i have alot of bad experiences in the past that are so intense im not sure i should even post them here because i dont think this site allows such triggering adult discussions ..while thats a relief in some ways its still a downside another way because it means your scared to post any true stories that really happened to you
Well that could be possible. But that’s not really what worries me. What actually worries is the feedback I’ll get if I do tell what happened to me. Simply put, there are those who mock what they don’t understand or think what the target is experiencing is just a bunch of fiddlesticks and assume they could’ve just used more critical thinking to actually solve their problems instead of supposedly throwing a pity party.

Well that could be possible. But that’s not really what worries me. What actually worries is the feedback I’ll get if I do tell what happened to me. Simply put, there are those who mock what they don’t understand or think what the target is experiencing is just a bunch of fiddlesticks and assume they could’ve just used more critical thinking to actually solve their problems instead of supposedly throwing a pity party.
yes i know certain feedback can be daunting from online users
if your not comfortable here you can always pm me your experiences and i will do the same

New Threads

Top Bottom