• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Happy whatever day you read this!!!!

I'm what I perceive to be an undiagnosed autistic with ADHD. Perhaps Alexithymia too.

At 63, I realize I've had INCREDIBLE luck. I navigated my solutions to the obstacles allistics don't face as bad as we do. I've successfully retired from the United States Air Force, after over 25 years.

From what I read, many many of us struggle. I found out about my condition via some YouTube contributions. YouTube and TikTok can be valuable resources.

Thanks for the add!!!

Hello and welcome. Sounds like you are bringing quite a bit of positivity with you into the forum. Very nice to have you here.

1678131242856.png

Welcome aboard and as @Rodafina said thanks for the positivity--like sunlight. Also, that is pretty impressive for 25 years in the Air Force. Thank you for doing that. I saw a pair of Globemaster cargo planes flying low over my house the other day & it's amazing just how good you guys are at getting a lot of stuff off the ground in a hurry.

Welcome aboard and as @Rodafina said thanks for the positivity--like sunlight. Also, that is pretty impressive for 25 years in the Air Force. Thank you for doing that. I saw a pair of Globemaster cargo planes flying low over my house the other day & it's amazing just how good you guys are at getting a lot of stuff off the ground in a hurry.
I was a heavy crew chief, primarily on the C-141 Starlifter and the C-5 Galaxy. The C-17 is a capable and impressive transport...not as impressive as the C-5 mind you but, ya know ;)

Welcome and I agree with others above me. It looks like you'll have a great time here and make things great for the rest of us too!

Great you have landed safely. Sure you have many great stories to tell, and excellent ways for coping in extreme conditions.
Welcome.

Great you have landed safely. Sure you have many great stories to tell, and excellent ways for coping in extreme conditions.
Welcome.
Thanks, Aspychata. My overall advice is to minimize your weaknesses and maximize your strengths. My second most important advisory is to learn and practice Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Basically allowing yourself to slow down and re-center.

As time goes on, you'll undoubtedly be exposed to my mischievous humor.

New Threads

Top Bottom