• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Happy Book Lovers Day!

Isadoorian

Welcomer of Newcomers
V.I.P Member
August 9th is an Unofficial Holiday for Bookworms and Bibliophiles alike, titled Book Lovers Day, where you can spend the whole day reading whenever possible, or even visit the Library or your local Bookstore.

So fellow Bookworms, what are you reading Today? Finishing something? About to start that freshly purchased book, or the one that's been stowed away on your shelf for months calling out Reaad meee to you? Please, do tell us all about it!

I'm rather busy today, but I'll see if I can manage to find time today read something, I do have a lot of books I want to, and am in the middle of reading including the Iliad, The Mahabarata, and The Legend of the White Serpent, among other books.

I am reading Otherlands about past ecologies on our planet.

51xhVWRuJpL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

My cat must be channeling Dr Strange. She disappears, probably into some alternate universe and pops up in ours, just about feeding time.

20220809_221000.jpg
20220809_221058.jpg

Two books in my tandem read stack. Adrienne Mayor is one of my favourite ancient history authors. Quirky, engaging, and wonderfully researched.

I am learning about investing:

61jBXVjxuJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I am learning about AI:
51Jyu36INHL.jpg

And just finished one Audiobook about the present and future of mankind:

41Tck2xbOAL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

:)

I am learning about investing:

61jBXVjxuJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I am learning about AI:
51Jyu36INHL.jpg

And just finished one Audiobook about the present and future of mankind:

41Tck2xbOAL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

:)
Still need to work on my Spanish, for a minute there I couldn’t tell if those were Spanish or some other Romance language.

I’m still making progress though.

I just finished The Pattern Seekers last night. I'll gather up my thoughts and post my review later this week, but it felt like someone decided to write an anthropology thesis and slapped some stuff about autism on it and called it a autism book. It's the first time in a while that I've been disappointed.

Currently trying to go through these two books, but my ADHD is making it super hard:

- A Queer History of the United States by Michael Bronski

1661790687521.jpeg

I highly recommend this one, it's very informative, and I learned about the existence of "soldier shows", which gave me a new idea for a novel!

- Double Victory: How African American Women Broke Race and Gender Barriers to Help Win World War II by Cheryl Mullenbach

1661790702880.jpeg

This one didn't inspire as many writing ideas for me, but it's pretty informative so far.

New Threads

Top Bottom