• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hans Asperger aided and supported Nazi programme, study says

If you ever used IBM anything, drive in a Volkswagen, or Porsche, or use Braun appliances, or wear Hugo boss, or a take Bayer prescriptions or over the counter pain medications....these all have a historic connection specifically to Nazi Germany. The renown Rockefellers magnates of NYC funded Eugenics programs! Ever been to Rockefeller Center in NYC to see the Rockettes? This tourist destination is one of NYC most reknown places.
Third Reich to Fortune 500: Five Popular Brands the Nazis Gave Us
There are plenty more iconic celebrated Brits, French, and Americans that also gave money and support to the Nazi cause. There is a lot of research out there...and it’s fascinating reading. The early aviation icon Charles Lindberg was also a Nazi sympathiser.

Eugenics was extremely popular well before the rise of Nazism. It was utilized FIRST in the USA as early as the 1880s, and was clearly documented to be used at New York’s Ellis Island during the vast immigration influx of the late 1880s through the 1930s. Eugenics history of the USA is something I have read a great deal about. I say this because I learned that Hitler actually got his ideas of his “final solution” from American doctors heavily promoting eugenics! So please do not be so quick to label and judge because things are never exactly what we assume.

I can look at the Statue of Liberty and believe it was a place of hope, freedom, and new beginnings for millions of immigrants fleeing Europe; or I can look at it as a symbol of Eugenics and remember all the horrible first hand eye witness accounts of how staff treated the masses with eugenics propaganda. They immediately sent people back (alone- allowing their families to stay in America- horribly cruel), or staff instutionalized them. All based on Eugenics charts and theories.

I personally find the label “Autistic” to not be one I will call myself anytime soon. I will continue to use “Aspergers” as it more readily defines me more clearly to the society I live in.

Last edited:
Does anyone here drink Coca Cola? Coca-Cola collaborated with the Nazis in the 1930s, and Fanta is the proof
Coke and Nazis created Fanta orange soda.

By the way, in 21st Century, Coca Cola and Pepsi have appropriated underground water throughout India so much that farmers cannot irrigate their lands, and billions of people are facing starvation. Over 25, 000 farmers have committed suicide over this. This is a far greater issue to get involved with NOW. Boycott sodas, because the biggest issue in the near earth’s future is water shortages, and soda companies suck up more then their fair share of ground water. Google “India Farmers commit suicide Coca Cola water shortage “ for tons of articles.

One could get all OCD about these facts but it’s better to change the inhumane cruelties of our own 21st Century. There are plenty.

Last edited:
Similar is true in the UK now regarding Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)...

Ah, right then. I had no idea about other countries, but you and another member chimed in with that. I just know that (in the US) Asperger's has been phased out, but I guess the trend is spreading now?

Interesting discussion here BTW concerning the Nazi era. There are a lot more things associated with it than people think from what I'm reading here.

Does anyone here drink Coca Cola? Coca-Cola collaborated with the Nazis in the 1930s, and Fanta is the proof
Coke and Nazis created Fanta orange soda.

By the way, in 21st Century, Coca Cola and Pepsi have appropriated underground water throughout India so much that farmers cannot irrigate their lands, and billions of people are facing starvation. Over 25, 000 farmers have committed suicide over this. This is a far greater issue to get involved with NOW. Boycott sodas, because the biggest issue in the near earth’s future is water shortages, and soda companies suck up more then their fair share of ground water. Google “India Farmers commit suicide Coca Cola water shortage “ for tons of articles.

One could get all OCD about these facts but it’s better to change the inhumane cruelties of our own 21st Century. There are plenty.

Asparagus in Peru.
Lowering the water table etc

Ah, right then. I had no idea about other countries, but you and another member chimed in with that. I just know that (in the US) Asperger's has been phased out, but I guess the trend is spreading now?

Interesting discussion here BTW concerning the Nazi era. There are a lot more things associated with it than people think from what I'm reading here.

It’s a fascinating period of time in which people tend to judge in black and white / good or evil. It’s so much more shades of grey...with many players in the historic story- from being funded by wealth from many parts of the world, to being “ forgotten” as a trade to bring highly trained Nazi doctors and atomic scientists to the us. It’s one of my life long obsessive research topics. By the way, atomic bomb nuclear fission was first created right here in Chicago, Illinois, USA!

As part of Operation Paperclip - Wikipedia some 1600 German scientists and engineers were recruited by the US in the years following WW2. Because they didn’t want all their knowledge to go to waste, and they had an arms race to win.
I’m mildly amused by the outrage Hans Aspergers’ association with the Nazi party is causing these days. Many -if not most- of the scientists working in nazi Germany back then were associated with the regime, and, as @pjcnet and @Mary Anne have stated as well, a lot of scientific discoveries and major brands that are huge these days either have their roots in Nazi Germany, or were influenced by it.
It’s easy to be outraged decades after the fact, but rather pointless, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I don't know if you're old enough !to remember a documentary that was broadcast in the UK about the Nazis program of eugenics !they took retarded children to a hospital! the next bit may distress you!they each had a bed and I presume they brought a portable machine which had a hose attached to it placed one end of the hose in the Childs mouth and Gas came out of the machine -this didn't just happen to children this happened to anybody in institutions who was mentally ill considered retarded.

Please see my post about how Eugenics started way before nazism and was heavily used in the United States several decades prior to Hitler’s reign. Also euthanized were the very old, and those with extreme physical disabilities.

If you ever used IBM anything, drive in a Volkswagen, or Porsche, or use Braun appliances, or wear Hugo boss, or a take Bayer prescriptions or over the counter pain medications....these all have a historic connection specifically to Nazi Germany.
Yes, Volkswagen literally translates into The People's Car. In April 1934, Chancellor Hitler gave the order to Ferdinand Porsche to develop a Volkswagen** and the Volkswagen type 1 or "Beetle" car was promoted in the years running up to WWII as a car that was affordable and practical enough for common people to own, they even introduced a savings scheme to help people buy one. WWII however interrupted production of the Beetle, but it resumed in 1945 and was a resounding success, it truly was a genuinely affordable and economical car that was in my opinion well ahead of it's time, especially in the 1930s and people brought it worldwide for many decades despite it's Nazi roots.

Wikipedia said:
In May 1934, at a meeting at Berlin's Kaiserhof Hotel, Chancellor Hitler insisted on a basic vehicle that could transport two adults and three children at 100 km/h (62 mph) while not using more than 7 litres of fuel per 100 km (32 mpg US/39 mpg UK). The engine had to be powerful for sustained cruising on Germany's new Autobahnen.

Last edited:
Real eye opener: Krupp (I love Krupp coffee makers and grinders), BASF, AUDI, FORD Automobiles, and a full listing of dozens listed here: List of companies involved in the Holocaust - Wikipedia

Now, is any of this info posted going to make a difference in anyone’s life? Could a person be compulsive enough to boycott all these companies (such as environmentalists, vegans & vegetarians, or politically motivated people often boycott corporations) because of what they were involved with approx 80 years ago? Could be. I have read of some who do.

I have not yet read anything about Dr. Asperger. It seems as if some good has come out of his discoveries, and or studies. I want to keep an open mind. I also want to use the vernacular that is currently in place due to ease of being understood. I am more worried about the crimes of humanity currently going on throughout the world, including within my own USA. Extreme poverty, lack of basic water (Southern California), the current atrocious political regime my country is suffering. The atrocities (quite like Nazi Germany) happening to the Rohinga people in Myanmar. The extreme suffering of people in various African countries. The extreme drug crisis in Russia, USA, and the rampant legalized killing of drug addicted people in the Philippines. The rampant killing and torture of transpeaople happening world wide, including the USA. The continued killing of people of color by American police who get away with it in the court systems.

There is so much NOW happening to take action with, In no way am I ever to forget the past, but I do need to focus on the present. I also believe in giving credit where it is due. Until some other scientist is documented as the discoverer of aspergers, I will stick with the term.

Last edited:
I don't really mind that Asperger's Syndrome is called after a doctor which joined the Nazi party.
I wonder what would happen to autism diagnosis situation if Hans Asperger resisted Aktion T4. Obviously he eventually would been killed and probably we wouldn't face not a half of his investigation notes.
However, he wasn't the first one who investigated autism and AS. In fact, he obtained the knowledge about it.
Now imagine, what would happen if nobody took him seriously and how would it affect the autism diagnosis history.

Very informative reading with a ton of links I will want to explore!

One thing people do not understand about the history of Germany between WWI and WW2 is the absolute extreme starvation and destitution brought upon them after punishing sanctions put upon them right after WWI ended. Punishing economic and resource rich sanctions that ripped Germany apart in the next decade. I am speaking of the German people themselves, and I have a 104 year old German born neighbor who has given me first hand stories of her life as a child there. In addition, I have read German history extensively as to why any humans would have gotten to the point of acceptance of the third reich, and of all its murderous, torturous ideology. It’s because as a nation they were brought down so low economically, loss of jobs, resources, medicines, and food that the people readily succumbed to crazy lunatic ideas to save the country and bring it up to a rational standard of living.

It makes sense in their deluded minds then, to rid the country of anyone not pure German: anyone old, disabled, of feeble mind, homosexual, intellectual thinkers, artist dissonants, depraved individuals, prisoners, and anyone they wanted gone, who were a “burden” on their struggling society. Some high powered nazis just decided that all these people were too costly to keep alive, and taking up valuable resources. I really think that one has to be emotionally detached when trying to read all this stuff, and objectively learn history as it unfolded.

People seem so astonished that humans could kill children. China killed children - especially girls. If you have ever read the classic by Pearl S Buck called “The Good Earth,” there are passages in there of her documentation babies killed and left on the ground to rot. It was very common in the 19th and 20th Centuries due to the extreme poverty of the Chinese farmer. The Turkana of Eithiopia were starving in the mid 20th Century and would not care for their infants. They died due to exposure and often were carried off by lions, and hyenas. Anthropology is a fascinating subject! I am pretty sure people killed their children in times of war, slavery, or violent conquest all over the globe. No parent would want their kid to suffer, be raped, or grow up in slavery.

How clueless we all are not to understand human history or read as to the whys and how’s these things happen. I see it just as aberrant human behaviors brought on by suffering, extreme stress, starvation, and losing one’s mind in fear and grief. It’s too easy to sit and judge one another in our ridiculously easy 21 Century world sitting in front of the computer or tv.

History continues to repeat itself. The same holocaust is currently going on in Myanmar with the Rohinga people. No one talks about it. Child are dying by the hundreds in parts of Africa because they cannot get access to anti-diarrhea drugs, or safe drinking water or infant formula. This is human error as plain as any throughout history, but no one notices. Yet, we spend time debating a name change related to 80 years ago.

Last edited:
History continues to repeat itself. The same holocaust is currently going on in Myanmar with the Rohinga people. No one talks about it. Child are dying by the hundreds in parts of Africa because they cannot get access to anti-diarrhea drugs, or safe drinking water or infant formula. This is human error as plain as any throughout history, but no one notices. Yet, we spend time debating a name change related to 80 years ago.

It's an astonishing account of indifference to genocide that continues to this very day. That for those of which a majority of society doesn't seem to identify with, their plights remain largely their own.

A dynamic effectively explained, created in a scene in the film "Hotel Rwanda". Where a Canadian UN officer painfully explains it to a bright and clever hotel concierge where as many as 800,000 people were murdered along tribal lines.

Warning- language & racism.

Last edited:
It's an astonishing account of indifference to genocide that continues to this very day. That for those of which a majority of society doesn't seem to identify with, their plights remain largely their own.

A dynamic effectively explained, created in a scene in the film "Hotel Rwanda". Where a Canadian UN officer painfully explains it to a bright and clever hotel concierge.

Yes, thank you so much for that. Brings tears to my eyes.

Yes, thank you so much for that. Brings tears to my eyes.

The Jews had Oskar Schindler. Rwandan Tutsis had Paul Rusesabagina, brilliantly portrayed by actor Don Cheadle. "Hotel Rwanda". Worth seeing, but very painful to watch.

With some serious potential implications when it comes to those of us on the spectrum.

A dynamic effectively explained, created in a scene in the film "Hotel Rwanda". Where a Canadian UN officer painfully explains it to a bright and clever hotel concierge.

Indian genocide,Turkish genocide, African genocide that the Germans cant admit because of legal implications in international law. They only offered compensation without admission.

For me, I was always interested in the position of forgiveness relating to the genocide in the 2nd world war.

1. How individuals managed to do it.
2. How it benefits humanity globally to find a way to do it.

Point 2. Everyone says looking back they would not be a Nazi.
When your choice is join in or be dead....

It's a human sickness that can always happen again.
Is it the structure of a society that allows these things to fester and generate?

Is the lack of reparations after the 2nd world war a learning process from the first? The treaty of Versailles perhaps providing the festering wound to use as an excuse to rally the German people round the cause?

How do you repeat that understanding that leads to forgiveness when the majority of people do not understand that forgiveness can be the only way?

New Threads

Top Bottom