• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

morax

Min
hello :) i use any name that starts with m, mostly "min" but i enjoy being called morax, meinki, or minerva as well. i do not use pronouns (im serious, not making fun of anyone), but they/them is ok if not using pronouns is difficult for you. i am 16, and i don't have an official asd diagnosis yet, but i do have ocd and cptsd among several other more minor diagnoses. ive been considering my status on the spectrum for about 5 years, and ive had an idea of it since i was very young, but ive only just started setting the process of talking to professionals into motion. i hope you all can be a helpful support in this process.

Hello and welcome! Depending on what resources are available in your area - you might want to pursue a diagnosis soon, especially if supports drop off once you reach the age of majority. (Some places only provide funding or support to autistic minors)

Welcome! :)
I don't have specific pronouns either... I generally let people decide for themselves. I'm actually ok with that!
You can call me Luca though :)
Glad you found us here... make yourself at home! There are a lot of people with really valuable advice around here. This is a pretty supportive place.
Talking to professionals is a great step. Hope you can get some support and find what you're looking for!

welcome to af.png

Hi and welcome, seems like you have researched autism and realised it seems relevant for you. Yes I prefer not to use pronouns, ideally. It can be tricky to do though, especially in writing about others without pronouns. But it works better for me as a non binary person . I like the idea of name flexibility too, interesting idea. Why not? I hope you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.

:blossom::bee::hibiscus::bug::sunflower::beetle::cherryblossom:

I don't have specific pronouns either... I generally let people decide for themselves. I'm actually ok with that!
Glad you found us here... make yourself at home! There are a lot of people with really valuable advice around here. This is a pretty supportive place.
Talking to professionals is a great step. Hope you can get some support and find what you're looking for!
thank you so much! i have no clues how forum works

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Most members at the forum share experiences and/or ask questions. Replies to discussions are always nice.

I am not officially diagnosed as being on the spectrum however I identify with all the traits.

John

Hello and welcome! Depending on what resources are available in your area - you might want to pursue a diagnosis soon, especially if supports drop off once you reach the age of majority. (Some places only provide funding or support to autistic minors)
yes, i've heard of this! i am 16, but i also go to boarding school where i am getting help from psychiatrists and counsellors in regards to this, so i hope i can avoid such issues

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Most members at the forum share experiences and/or ask questions. Replies to discussions are always nice.

I am not officially diagnosed as being on the spectrum however I identify with all the traits.

John
Thank you for the help!

Hi and welcome, seems like you have researched autism and realised it seems relevant for you. Yes I prefer not to use pronouns, ideally. It can be tricky to do though, especially in writing about others without pronouns. But it works better for me as a non binary person . I like the idea of name flexibility too, interesting idea. Why not? I hope you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.

:blossom::bee::hibiscus::bug::sunflower::beetle::cherryblossom:
thank you! i have done a lot of research. i am nonbinary as well! my favorite way not to use pronouns is to just skip over the part of a sentence where one would usually be, such as "Minerva is going to walk dog," instead of his or her or their dog. i like my names too! thank you for the support

thank you luca!

helloooo
ok so it's been over a year since i last posted in this forum, but i've been having a hard time and i think this may be a supportive place

my name is still min but i still use any name that starts with m, i still dont use pronouns. i still have ocd. i have, however, discovered, that i am also physically disabled. i have POTS and hypermobility arthralgia.
this year ive been saying ive been considering myself as autistic for five years, but my post from last year says the same and made me realize we are actually at six years..
since my last post, i was told several times that im not autistic by doctors for arbitrary reasons such as eye contact. i went into very deep denial, but its hard to deny something that defines every moment of your life.
i've been diagnosed with adhd last december, and because of this diagnosis, ive been referred for a full neuropsych eval.... which means, if i'm autistic (which. i most definitely am), that will finally be diagnosed.
and honestly i'm very scared of this moment. my life for six years has been defined by the phrase "i think i'm autistic," and now soon it'll either be that i'm not, or that i am. i'm not sure im ready for the change, that's why i wanted to come here for support.
i'm also struggling with the realization that i definitely have PDA profile.... in conjunction with the adhd, i'm having a really hard time.
i just want to have a place where i know i have support from other autistics..... i hope you all can be that! thank you, and hello!

Hello! I didn’t meet you before, so hi for the first time.

Maybe, just hang around for support while all the diagnostic stuff happens in the background. Whatever “they“ end up calling you, you can find valuable support here for actual symptomology that you experience. You already know that among autistic people, many of your struggles will be understood. Maybe the label isn’t the most important thing right now.

New Threads

Top Bottom