• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gynophobia.

Dont want to take up too much space on this subject but its possibly caused by PTSD. Now the embarrassing reason........ when i was about 9 or 10 my mother found out i had been playing "doctors & nurses with the girl next door. She took my trousers down gave me a good thrashing then made me have a bath. She then told me NEVER to do anything like that again....& i never have. I'm not saying this is the reason but it could be. In his book Brian Gilmartin says about 40 % of loveshys are aspergers sufferers.

I think the link between autism and gynophobia would be, (if it exists) an indirect one.
Autism and Feminism – Oolong – Medium
This article explains why being autistic could make one a feminist. It's interesting, but it's a bit biased because women have expectations too and are not passive 'victims of the patriarchy'.
Being autistic and suffering from expectations of women (strong, outgoing, etc), being manipulated (because being autistic makes it easier to be manipulated) can cause you to be afraid of women (or to hate them in some cases).
The link between autism and fear of women is simply not being good at social stuff in general.

...he states that loveshyness as he calls it may well be connected to aspergers syndrome.
As a teen, I recall experiencing a dilemma between modesty and having a sex drive. It didn't help that I was molested (by a man) and had attempted to molest a neighbor girl (around my age) once.

What I thought to be modesty had actually been shame. Fear of being shameful interfered with any comfort in sexual pursuit.

Since being born-again, I have learned the difference between modesty and shame (and had that shame taken away, to boot!). I got married at 21. I am also a guardian/caregiver of my 23yo daughter. Being a caregiver really presses the modesty envelope, but context keeps everything in perspective.

There's a single old lady on wrong planet that I could introduce you to. If you still believe in possibilities.

New Threads

Top Bottom