• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings.

Ranunculus

I am not very good with introductions, but hello anyway.
I came here because I was looking for a place that dealt with aspergers (it sounds like a vegetable) and would help me figure more about myself other than a DSM-5.

Things I need more about:
  • how to adult
  • how to make friends
  • how to explain to others

Oh! I got diagnosed about a couple months ago, and I was like "great! We can fix this. Now what?"
In which my doctor person explained that there is no "fixing". The reason why I got into therapy, and eventually tested, was due to an event in the family, and my behavior was not see as appropriate. I'm very neutral and calm, and tend to have a monotone voice.

What else?
  • I starting to learn asl, because I'm mostly non-verbal, and I was told that it helps. I usually makes sounds and grunts.
  • I have a strong dislike for gloves,shoes, and shoes that can't breathe, they make my limbs tingle and itch like I'm being burned and brings that cold sensation.
  • My special interests would be plants, the ocean, music, and birds. I see seeds as children, and become very upset when people eat them (ie-sunflower seeds)
  • I am 17, and just about to head into my senior (finally) and I'm to be heading out into the real world soon, and I'm nervous.
Um, bye now.

raw

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hello and welcome.
I don't know how to make friends - any friends I have had in my past was from no effort of my own. I've been adulting for a long, long time, but by necessity. :) And I tend to over-explain. lol

Dr Asperger gets all the credit but was not actually the first to identify HFA. It was Dr. Florentine Rutabega.

Hi & Welcome also.

;)

To be fair, the word Aspergers did always make me think of asparagus, so I hear you on the vegetable part.

Welcome. :)

Welcome @Ranunculus :) That was a great intro. Adulting is hard. I've been attempting it for decades. It's great if you're getting some help early with that one.

Hello and welcome.
I don't know how to make friends - any friends I have had in my past was from no effort of my own. I've been adulting for a long, long time, but by necessity. :) And I tend to over-explain. lol

I can agreed with that. One of my friends basically didn't take no as an answer, and the other one, we bonded due to a tomato plant being left in the room. It's name was William.

Dr Asperger gets all the credit but was not actually the first to identify HFA. It was Dr. Florentine Rutabega.

Hi & Welcome also.

;)

I didn't know about that, but thanks!

Welcome @Ranunculus :) That was a great intro. Adulting is hard. I've been attempting it for decades. It's great if you're getting some help early with that one.

I wish adulting had a math equation, that I could just solve and plug in numbers. I'm not trying to sound lazy, but it shouldn't have to be this difficult either.

I didn't know about that, but thanks!

I was just joking - Rutabega being another Veggie. ;) But there was actually a person, Dr. Leo Kanner, that published a paper on HFA a year prior to Asperger.

New Threads

Top Bottom