• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

grandson wants a tattoo

Good morning all. I realize everyone has different opinions about tattoos and I respect them all. Some like them, some don't. Personally, I prefer the small tattoos and tattoos with meaning. It actually doesn't even matter what my own opinion is. My grandson is an adult and he's getting a tattoo and he plans it to be on the larger side. The fact that he wanted to incorporate me in it somehow is an honor. I won't be around that much longer and the fact that he wants to always carry a memory of me somehow means something. And, you others, who are on the spectrum, know how doubtful you feel about your lives and I've always doubted how I've done as a person, as a parent, and as a grandparent.
He posted the picture on his facebook and this is what he wrote: "I ask Memaw for some help with some tattoo ideas, and she has blown me away! Way more than I expected! Tattoo version coming soon! Love you Memaw" (Oh - he was my first grandchild and he's the one who named me Mema - we disagree on the spelling. lol I had chosen gramma and he would call me memaw. His mom would try to correct him and I said, "no, I'm mema." )
I was there one day when he was around a week old and so was my son's dad's fairly new wife. I was saying that I was amazed because when I had my own I thought there was no way I'd ever feel the same way toward any other person ever. Then my first grandchild is born and, wow - I did. The 'step-mom' looked puzzled and said she didn't feel that. My daughter in law looked at her and said, "Because you're not the grandma." The only difference in how I felt between my kids and my grandkids - was that with the grandkids there was also an enlightenment that I'm not the one carrying the responsibility. :) :) :) With grandkids, it gets to be all fun and games. lol

I think it's awesome. Has he had any tattoos before? I only have tattoos on my arms, but I've heard the calf can be particularly painful!

I have one on my calf and I thought the sensation tickled so I was giggling through most of it. But I will say the fine line coloring in part was annoying because the skin was raw by that point.

Also, I love the design!

I'm not 1 for tattoos either but your grandson is 21 so it's his decision to make. It's nice that he wants to honor you like that.

New Threads

Top Bottom