• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Got diagnosed last week

Thomas H

Got diagnosed with Asperger's last week. I'm in my early thirties.

I've done 4 vipassana retreats (10 days of silence). I'm actually not a buddhist though but I meditate for an hour every day.

I'm a computer programmer. I've got lots and lots and lots of hobbies.

upload_2019-6-19_20-51-40.png

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

I applied for a vipassana retreat once and got rejected! I was too honest with my mental health background. They said I'd probably just get worse up there. I realized a while later they were probably right.

I applied for a vipassana retreat once and got rejected! I was too honest with my mental health background. They said I'd probably just get worse up there. I realized a while later they were probably right.

I always advise people not to reveal their psychiatric history on those forms. One of those groups excluded me over it.

I'm considering getting a vasectomy for 3 reasons:
(1) I have Aspergers
(2) My nephew is a mute autistic
(3) Two of my first cousins are autistic -- one of them has severe sensory problems and the other is still in diapers at the age of 7

Anyone else consider sterilisation?

Hi Thomas, I was formally diagnosed a few month's ago. Anyway, very much welcome here.

I'm considering getting a vasectomy for 3 reasons:
(1) I have Aspergers
(2) My nephew is a mute autistic
(3) Two of my first cousins are autistic -- one of them has severe sensory problems and the other is still in diapers at the age of 7

I'm considering not having children because of my autism and bipolar disorder.

Do you know about the risk of having chronic pain after it for life? There are safer for long-term means for prevention of pregnancy.

Hello and welcome.

Yes, I considered and went through with it. I knew for definite from around the age of 22 that I didn't want children. I was sterilised when I was 27. Decades later, I still don't have any regrets.

New Threads

Top Bottom