• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Google Drive

. . .

V.I.P Member

Any of you check out Google Drive yet? Overall it's quite great and gives you lots of free space (5 GB), but the Google Drive client is quite buggy right now and lacks good features like the ability to control upload speed. Being able to control upload speed is essential IMO. When you upload things at full speed, it can slow your internet down. :(

I already backup my files on various hosting services, but I'm hosting them on Google Drive as well case any of these hosting services ever shut down. Now that Google has its own hosting service, there's a chance it'll kill off some of these other hosting services, so . . .

Google Drive is a file storage and sync service by Google that was released on April 24, 2012. Google Drive is an extension of Google Docs once activated, and replaces the URL docs.google.com with drive.google.com.

Rumors about Google Drive began circulating as early as March 2006.

800px-Google_Drive_ChromeOS_file_manager.png

I'm too paranoid to ever trust cloud computing. Heck, I don't even trust my own computer being it connected to the Internet.

I love Google Drive. I try to use it whenever I'm on the go. However, I do my best to store my files in a hard drive, ultimately.

Because of its integration with Goodle Docs, it seems a good choice to put documents online. Though I can't use it because my system is Linux and Google didn't released a Linux version yet :sticky_redface:

I've "bought into" my Google account, and so I've started using Drive. (Set up Google Plus, YouTube, Blogger, Bookmarks, Reader, Analytics, Webmaster Tools.)

Does the job, though I'm already in the habit of using Dropbox. We use Google Drive and Google Docs at work for shared stuff. I really ought to start taking advantage of the 5 GB of space!

Google Drive and Google Docs can be used as Dropbox. Given that cloud computing is popular nowadays, I am happy that Google is riding on the wave and really offer us a technological solution for an integrated platform and ecosystem that we can reliably use. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom