• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good Xbox 360 Kinect dancing game for a 7 year old girl?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Looking for a not too complicated dancing game for Kinect on Xbox 360 suitable for my 7 year old Niece.

I did buy her Dancing Stage Universe for Christmas last year but my Brother has tried it and said it's too complicated for her.

I am aware of Google and various gaming sites.

The Pegi (age) rating for Dancing Stage Universe is three years or older. If your seven year-old niece rejected such a product, getting yet another of the same genre might not be the best gift choice.

Given your brother is NT, it's always possible that there's more to this that he hasn't said outright. This is when it may pay to be cautious about interpreting things in too literal a fashion. To either ask your brother for a more candid explanation, or simply purchase something else for your niece.

Last edited:
The Pegi (age) rating for Dancing Stage Universe is three years or older. If your seven year-old niece rejected such a product, getting yet another of the same genre might not be the best gift choice.

Given your brother is NT, it's always possible that there's more to this that he hasn't said outright. This is when it may pay to be cautious about interpreting things in too literal a fashion. To either ask your brother for a more candid explanation, or simply purchase something else for your niece.

My Niece is NOT Aspie.

I find your accusing tone offensive.

My Niece is NOT Aspie.

I find your accusing tone offensive.

Accusing tone? Frankly I don't even understand your reaction. :confused:

I simply pointed out that your NT brother may- or may not have chosen to comprehensively explain why your niece did not appreciate the gift. That perhaps he was just being tactful, and perhaps unaware that you may attempt to buy a similar gift. That's not a crime, Rich.

Considering the age requirement of the first gift, your seven year-old niece may simply have not liked the gift in its entirety rather than a claim that it was too difficult.

I'm simply cautioning you against the possibility of making a mistake twice in a row. That it's best to candidly ask your brother if she simply didn't like the gift. If this is in fact the case, you need to look for something else and not just a variation of the same gift. On the other hand if your brother's response was quite to the point, then it might be a better choice anyways to purchase something else.

If you have a brother- and a niece as well that didn't want to hurt your feelings, it would seem to me that this is a good thing. After all, we can't all "hit one out of the park" when it comes to buying gifts for our loved ones. There's nothing offensive about it. It's just a social dynamic that happens from time to time, especially over rituals of exchanging gifts.

Last edited:
Accusing tone? Frankly I don't even understand your reaction. :confused:

I simply pointed out that your NT brother may- or may not have chosen to comprehensively explain why your niece did not appreciate the gift. That perhaps he was just being tactful, and perhaps unaware that you may attempt to buy a similar gift. That's not a crime, Rich.

Considering the age requirement of the first gift, your seven year-old niece may simply have not liked the gift in its entirety rather than a claim that it was too difficult.

I'm simply cautioning you against the possibility of making a mistake twice in a row. That it's best to candidly ask your brother if she simply didn't like the gift. If this is in fact the case, you need to look for something else and not just a variation of the same gift. On the other hand if your brother's response was quite to the point, then it might be a better choice anyways to purchase something else.

If you have a brother- and a niece as well that didn't want to hurt your feelings, it would seem to me that this is a good thing. After all, we can't all "hit one out of the park" when it comes to buying gifts for our loved ones. There's nothing offensive about it. It's just a social dynamic that happens from time to time, especially over rituals of exchanging gifts.

Gonna agree with this.

Firstly, whether or not the kid is "aspie" is irrelevant here (and frankly, something like that isnt really an "accusation" anyway).

The true issue at hand is dealing with screwball social things that you may not be aware of can really interfere with the idea of getting someone a good gift. People are freaking weird about that, in my experience. Like, someone may really want a certain type of thing, but they wont TELL YOU what that thing is. They dont want to be too "direct" about it for... who knows why. They think it's rude or "needy" or some damn stupid idea. Or they DONT like a particular sort of thing, but they wont tell you the actual reason... they sorta hint vaguely and you're supposed to figure it out. It's really bloody stupid. I watch so many people go through this same song and dance every year at Christmas and it's just as blasted ridiculous every single time. And then people often get it horribly wrong (gee I wonder why), and give someone a bad gift, and then it's awkwardness all around. Awkwardness that could have been very easily avoided.

So, if your brother is being a bit confusing in his descriptions of the issue (which it sounds like that's the case), ask him VERY BLATANTLY what the *exact* issue was. Just tell him that you want to be absolutely sure you understand, before you go and make another purchase, so that you're not ending up buying another thing she wont like. Just buying another dancing game might lead to the very same reaction, after all... you cant be sure without more info.

Seriously, it saves alot of trouble, if you ask these really blunt questions in this type of situation.

And I find your ability to insult people who attempt to answer your questions offensive. If you ask for information or help with something here, and people try to help, you are often outright rude.

I think Rich may have misunderstood. Sometimes I have to read comments two or three times to make sure I really understood the authors point. Mr. Allen simply may have read the comment quickly and misconstrued its meaning. Just saying.

New Threads

Top Bottom