• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good QUOTES

"Whoa, Hold on! There’s got to be some sort of peaceful resolution here! Or even a violent resolution, where I’m standing over there.".

Rocket - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Can you bury your heart?
Can you hide your decency?
Can you continue to pretend to be one of them?
Even as, little by little, it kills the person you really are.
I've continued to study their ways, read all that I can.
It's getting easier to pass.
Which is exactly what I feared the most.

Michael Burnham, Star Trek Discovery

images

"Once upon a time, I, Zhuangzi, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Zhuangzi. Soon I awakened, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man. Between a man and a butterfly there is necessarily a distinction. The transition is called the transformation of material things."

Lao Tzu (369 BCE to 286 BCE)

"Once upon a time, I, Zhuangzi, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Zhuangzi. Soon I awakened, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man. Between a man and a butterfly there is necessarily a distinction. The transition is called the transformation of material things."

Lao Tzu (369 BCE to 286 BCE)

He who would have good government without its correlative misrule does not understand it.
Lao Tzu
(From memory so the last bit may be wrong)

You can’t beat Lao Tzu
Me

He who would have good government without its correlative misrule does not understand it.
Lao Tzu
(From memory so the last bit may be wrong)

You can’t beat Lao Tzu
Me

(?) The (human, reactionary) engine driving the "good guys" requires the misdeeds of the "bad guys."

(?) The (human, reactionary) engine driving the "good guys" requires the misdeeds of the "bad guys."
That's a different take! But i can see whay you mean.
I imagine it as a bit more yingy--yangy.
Which came first - good or bad. The chinese may say they both arise mutually.
Note the symbol on the white side of the ying/yang has a bit of black in it and the opposite.
So in one sense the definition - misrule and good government arise mutually.
In another sense,more reality based. You put a 'system' on a bunch of humans,some of those won't comply - nothings perfect.

My quote would be every solution creates a new problem. So you create a new system then.... youre gonna get something unpredicted.(misrule)

So a bit of each of those and more besides,no doubt.

"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum" - Noam Chomsky.

New Threads

Top Bottom