• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

good memory... encyclopedic mind

Are you one of those people with encyclopedic mind? If you have a special interest or obsession, do you know everything about the subject.
I'm not one of those people. I had pretty good memory until age of 6. Then I started noticing that I couldn't remember things as well anymore. Later I could only remember things I could visualize in 2D. That's why geometry and biology were my favorite subjects. And yes I could find a way to imagine... let's say a human body and how it works in 2D...
but I've always been fascinated by people who can remember dates, names and events. or by people who have photographic memory. or folks who know everything about space... have no clue why, for me it's like this - space - 3D - no can do :) I'm wondering if it comes sort of naturally or they still have to put some effort into remembering all those things.

How about you?

just read your post, iam 69 year old . found out a few years a go what made me tick...
iam a retired electrical worker, i did read the electrical code book and remmbered almost every section in the code book. very booring !!!!!!!
one more thing i like to do is square roots in my head. up to 4 no.

Good Day

Are you one of those people with encyclopedic mind?

YES! I have a mind like a steel trap ... that is rusted shut and is in dreadful need of some WD-40 and perhaps a few good raps to shake it loose.

my-mind-is-like-a-steel-trap-old-age-demotivational-posters-1333514662.jpg

I have a good memory for facts, but I wouldn't say that I was an encyclopedia exactly - I have in-depth knowledge about specific subjects. I'm good at learning languages, and can easily pick up new vocabulary and phrases.

New Threads

Top Bottom