• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good Guys and Bad Guys

Good
Adam West (Batman)
Clint Eastwood
Kato (Bruce Lee)

Bad
Julie Newmar (Catwoman)

Good Guys:
Gary Cooper in High Noon
Charlton Heston in Ben Hur
Atticus Finch (Gregory Peck) in To Kill a Mockingbird
Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia
Richard Harris in A Man Called Horse

Bad Guys:
Orson Welles in Citizen Kane
Emperor Ming in Flash Gordon
Bela Lugosi as Dracula
Boris Karloff in The Mummy

Good: ( some of mine are from cartoons and TV shows)

Oliver Twist
Snow White
Scooby Doo gang
Dorothy and freinds (Wizard of OZ)
Tweety PIe
The Power puff girls.
Mary Poppins
Dick Van Dyke ( in chitty chitty bang bang and Mary poppins)
Dr Who
Myra Desmond ( Prisoner CBH)
Bea Smith ( Prisoner CBH)

Bad:

Bad cop ( Ray lolita) in Unlawful Entry.
Alex ( Glen Close) in Fatal Attraction.
The child catcher ( In chatty chatty Bang Bang)
The Evil queen ( in snow white)
Cruella de Ville ( 1001 Dalmations)
Baby Jane Hudson ( Bette Davis) in whatever happened to baby jane.
Joan Ferguson , The Freak! ( Prisoner cell block H)
Jock Stuart ( Prisoner)
Tracy Barlow ( coronation street)

Bad guys:
Severus Snape
The Joker as Heath Ledger
Dragons

Good guys:
Maleficent straddles the line, but despite having a name that means "bad witch" I think she qualifies as a good fairy.

Good Guys:
Sam Spade (Bogart/Maltese version)
Batman (Kevin Conroy version)

Not Sure:
The Vigilante (Bronson)
Frank Castle/The Punisher (Garth Ennis version)

Bad Guys:
Hannibal Lecter
Martin Vanger (Millenium Series)
Mr. Freeze (Paul Dini re-imagined version)
Gotta give Darth Vader a nod

I already tend to struggle to identify who is the bad guy and why someone is perceived as the bad guy. I guess to some extent I'm going purely on the fact that a movie will rarely make a bad guy look glamorous. I guess that also adds up with the fact that I often identify more with the reasons and motivations of these "bad guys" which in turns helps me to root for them... yet I guess the entire Hollywood philosophy tends to be heavily in favor with so called "heroes".

Magneto in it's many iterations always seemed interesting to me. And perhaps even more from an aspie perspective and the many struggles in an NT world. The joker is another one of those I like. Though I do favor the Heath Ledger iteration, as well as a handful of versions from comic books and the Arkham videogame series. I always found the Jack Nicholson one, just like the Cesar Romero one and the cartoon ones too comical. Perhaps it's just the entire "don't argue with someone flat out crazy" aspect that interests me. And then there's Hellboy, but perhaps I'm a bit biased to like him since I do enjoy the comics as well.

There are probably some others that come to mind at some point.

Oni - I tend to put Magneto in a middle category with the Punisher for what it's worth. Now Apocalypse - he deserves a spot on my villains list...

Oni - I tend to put Magneto in a middle category with the Punisher for what it's worth.

I fail to see why Punisher would go in a middle category. Isn't he supposed to be a hero?

From a personal perspective; I find it hard to not justify what he does. But then again, as a young teen I once thought about becoming a cop after seeing Judge Dredd (and clearly got disappointed that one cannot be judge, jury and executioner)

I fail to see why Punisher would go in a middle category. Isn't he supposed to be a hero?

From a personal perspective; I find it hard to not justify what he does. But then again, as a young teen I once thought about becoming a cop after seeing Judge Dredd (and clearly got disappointed that one cannot be judge, jury and executioner)

Punisher a la the Ennis years? He was less about saving people (a hero) and more about hurting people he judges evil and hates. A woman who escaped the sex trafficking market and whose baby had been stolen from him got almost no sympathy from him initially. She had to talk him into targeting the sex trade. Of course, when he did, he killed the ring leader by throwing her through a bulletproof glass window (one he didn't open first). He didn't get it right the first couple tries.

So he has his pros and his cons. Also, he risks collateral damage to satisfy his own agenda. His wife and kids were collateral damage to the mob. How many innocents have died by stumbling in between the Punisher and the mob?

Don't get me wrong, in theory I like what he does. In practice? It's a grey area. Even Dexter is more precise/careful not to hurt the "innocent."

Off the cuff my choice is as conflicted as my own self.

Good guy
Lee Marvin in Prime Cut. Awesome film.

Bad guy
Lee Marvin. Liberty Valence in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence.

New Threads

Top Bottom