• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Faun

Greetings!:p

I am a self-diagnosed teen residing in Canada. I've struggled with an restrictive eating disorder in the past and currently am learning to manage my anxiety in absence of those negative behaviors. I think both of these could have a direct correlation to the struggles I've endured as an Aspie/HFA individual without professional support. My special interests are primarily regarding media analysis (film and video game essays on YouTube can captivate me for hours!) & a fictional world I created when I was ten. I am also incredibly passionate about social justice activism and creative endeavors such as digital art and writing. My hope is that I can find a sense of community and solidarity with other people who have been/are going through similar experiences as I transition into adulthood undiagnosed and maybe make some friends along the way! <3

upload_2019-11-19_13-23-17.png

Greetings!:p

I am a self-diagnosed teen residing in Canada. I've struggled with an restrictive eating disorder in the past and currently am learning to manage my anxiety in absence of those negative behaviors. I think both of these could have a direct correlation to the struggles I've endured as an Aspie/HFA individual without professional support. My special interests are primarily regarding media analysis (film and video game essays on YouTube can captivate me for hours!) & a fictional world I created when I was ten. I am also incredibly passionate about social justice activism and creative endeavors such as digital art and writing. My hope is that I can find a sense of community and solidarity with other people who have been/are going through similar experiences as I transition into adulthood undiagnosed and maybe make some friends along the way! <3
bienvenue,welcome i live in england my interests jerusalem drawn to it for years ,all living beings and orangutans ,lemurs ,tamarinds,apart from ones like humans (some monkeys ,apes) ,art(Painting, sketching with pencils and oil pastels) don’t actually sketch or paint, embroidery and sewing, don’t embroider or sew

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

I too am from Canada and am Self Diagnosed (Officially I have a Cognitive Delay, though that doesn't mean a whole lot to me, so PDD-NOS I find fits a little better despite it virtually being non-existent since That and Aspergers have now been assimilated into Level 1 Autism as per the DSM-V)

Hey there, you have some great passions. Sure hope you find what you need here. No checkout line, lot's of resources, and l have learned a lot about myself here. Good luck to you.

bienvenue,welcome i live in england my interests jerusalem drawn to it for years ,all living beings and orangutans ,lemurs ,tamarinds,apart from ones like humans (some monkeys ,apes) ,art(Painting, sketching with pencils and oil pastels) don’t actually sketch or paint, embroidery and sewing, don’t embroider or sew
I love art as well! I'm more drawn to the actual process of creating, but I desperately want to acquire knowledge regarding the historical aspects :)

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

I too am from Canada and am Self Diagnosed (Officially I have a Cognitive Delay, though that doesn't mean a whole lot to me, so PDD-NOS I find fits a little better despite it virtually being non-existent since That and Aspergers have now been assimilated into Level 1 Autism as per the DSM-V)

Hello fellow Canadian :) I think that the choice to abolish certain terms such as Aspergers and PDD-NOS in a clinical setting is good progress for making it more common knowledge of the spectrum itself but it's sort of tricky when so many people identify closely with these. I hope you can make peace with it as you continue your own journey <3

I love art as well! I'm more drawn to the actual process of creating, but I desperately want to acquire knowledge regarding the historical aspects :)
try a biography of Leonardo da Vinci or Toulouse-Lautrec I think with the last artist you will really only know about his personal problems

New Threads

Top Bottom