• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

God Complex

KevinMao133

I don’t know what it takes but it might just take everything

No matter what I do, I don’t think people will ever accept me for who I am

I admit I want to become a god. I admit I want to be better than everybody. In my mind I am and I’m working on bigger things, total domination

it’s hard to average people to find the right connections, even harder for me

I admit I want to become a god. I admit I want to be better than everybody. In my mind I am and I’m working on bigger things, total domination

Ahhh, yes, remember that feeling well. My father had it, as well. After many years of developing some more knowledge, experience,...making mistakes,...I eventually gained some wisdom. Lately, it's developing the skills of perspective taking, analyzing context,...and understanding this concept of personal truths vs. say, mathematical truths. I also have a better understanding of the scientific process,...it's all about the context and methods,...the details behind the experiment,...as well as the statistical analysis. So, we have to be very specific about how we interpret data and not fall into the trap of making generalized statements based upon insufficient scientific facts.

Much can be explained under this large umbrella of the Dunning-Kruger phenomenon. With some topics you may fool yourself into thinking you are having "moments of clarity",...when in fact, you don't know what you don't know. I follow the work of Elon Musk and Tesla's journey through the process of learning about fully autonomous driving,..."In two years...", and then two years later,..."In two years..." so on and so forth, but very recently he had this epiphany that it isn't until they can develop "real world AI" that autonomy will not be achievable. I have 2 Tesla vehicles,...and yes, every few weeks a new software update is pushed to my vehicles,...and they are getting "smarter" and functionality is improving,...it's not autonomy or anywhere close. The Dunning-Kruger phenomenon affects the most intelligent of us.

Throw in the varying difficulties of "theory of mind" that many of us have,...even neurotypicals,...and you might not fully understand the "realities" of being someone else, their environment, the people around them, and so on.

Making those connections with people only seems natural to some, but for many of us, it is an intellectual exercise, a process,...and sometimes it isn't until you've left the conversation and let all of it process for a while that you may begin to understand the other person. In the moment, though, it may lead to misunderstandings and conflict.

Now, there are people who truly do not have the level of intellect to carry on an intelligent, meaningful, open conversation. If you believe in a "bell curve" of intelligence,...roughly 50% are going to be on the low end of that curve. If you are interacting with someone like this,...sure, you're likely going to walk away with either frustration,...or a superiority complex.

People not understanding the "neurodivergent"/"out-of-the-box" thinking of someone on the autism spectrum is quite common. I certainly have a lifetime of experience with this. In my private life, I am not a conformist,...and will put my money down and invest in things that are not the "norm". Professionally, I am somewhat alienated,...a resource and a mentor,...I set the bar for myself much higher than others,...am highly technical and detailed,...my co-workers, after 35+ years understand this,...and despite having good working relationships,...I don't have friends.

It's easy to allow yourself to have these "I am better than you" thoughts in this situation,...but be real careful with it, because chances are,...you don't know what you don't know yet,...and you might not be fully grasping another person's reality when interacting with them.

A god complex is an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. A person with a god complex may refuse to admit the possibility of their error or failure, even in the face of irrefutable evidence, intractable problems or difficult or impossible tasks. The person is also highly dogmatic in their views, meaning the person speaks of their personal opinions as though they were unquestionably correct. Someone with a god complex may exhibit no regard for the conventions and demands of society, and may request special consideration or privileges.

God complex is not a clinical term nor diagnosable disorder and does not appear in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). The recognized diagnostic name for the behaviors associated with a God complex is narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). A God complex may also be associated with mania or a superiority complex.
God complex - Wikipedia

God Complex: What It Really Means + Why People Have Them | mindbodygreen

When I hear of such terms, I'm always reminded of one particular image. The look of an arrogant, somewhat sad little boy who even at the age or nine or ten seemed to think he had the world by the tail. One who truly believed he was superior to everyone around him, including not only his classmates, but his instructors as well. For him it was all a linear process.

Very sad....going on later in life to be tragic not only to himself but millions of others.

Arrogant.jpg

IMO not something one should strive to be...one with so many "unshakable" beliefs.

Last edited:
Plotting world domination? Three things you need. A bright five-year-old on staff to point out the obvious. Verbs. Because let's get real here folks: Action. And a really cute cat. For scheming and distraction purposes.

Well, four actually. A book. How to Take Over the World by Ryan North.

If these items are unavailable in your area, download the Sims.

Last edited:
Do you feel like being superior to everyone else is the only way to become accepted? Or to accept yourself? I used to have those sort of feelings when i was younger.

Plotting world domination? Three things you need. A bright five-year-old on staff to point out the obvious. Verbs. Because let's get real here folks: Action. And a really cute cat. For scheming and distraction purposes.

Well, four actually. A book. How to Take Over the World by Ryan North.

If these items are unavailable in your area, download the Sims.

Yes, a cat. That's important, you can't achieve total domination without a cat.

cat.jpg

download the Sims.

Yeah I would become instantly attracted. The sims (v.1) was so cool...I am in TOTAL control !

I used to have those sort of feelings when i was younger.

Don't give up on the idea.You can still do it. To give you a taste, Of supreme power, I will submit to your domination. Now that you rule my world. What do you want me? to do? for you? Please , be gentle.

Yes, a cat. That's important, you can't achieve total domination without a cat.

Yeah, I agree. Or a miniature twin. Can't forget. Hard to conquer the world without a pussycat. Shaved or unshaved. It doesn't' matter. Wild forest, or domesticated. Doesn't matter.
iu

People not understanding the "neurodivergent"/"out-of-the-box" thinking of someone on the autism spectrum is quite common. I certainly have a lifetime of experience with this.
This happens to me so much, and i have no idea if when i say something it's going to seen as odd or too out out of the box, it bothers me so much when people will give this look like "what the hell are you going on about", and they just don't understand me. I have to group projects at college and i end up just not talking much with people, i make sure i do my part of the project but that's it, i know that if i do become very verbal about me thought processes people are just not going to follow me, even when things seem very simple or elementary to me and they made perfect sense in my head. It doesn't help that i am very disorganized in my thinking and can't articulate myself well.

Do you feel like being superior to everyone else is the only way to become accepted? Or to accept yourself? I used to have those sort of feelings when i was younger.

most definitely. A lot of pressure coming my way. I don’t know if it’s my inner self giving me the pressure or the outside world. I’m constantly seeking ways to do better, even when everyone around me tell me I'm good enough already

I utilize it for workouts. Stereos and with loud screaming people are a must.

How you use it is the question. There is no Godhood on Earth. But, wanting to be better is helpful to yourself and possibly others later. Utilize the feeling for betterment not domination.

I don't like this world enough to rule it. Hard pass.

most definitely. A lot of pressure coming my way. I don’t know if it’s my inner self giving me the pressure or the outside world. I’m constantly seeking ways to do better, even when everyone around me tell me I'm good enough already

But you don't have to be superior to everyone else to feel good about yourself. You can just be an average person and feel at peace with it.

In my experience, being called "smart" and"gifted" all the time made me develop a superiority-inferiority complex but thankfully i am over it now. Being different and not having anyone around me that i can compare myself with, messed up my sense of self. But it's long past now.

Last edited:

Been there, done that,...still doing it. If you are seen as "mediocre" at something, you can certainly "fly under the radar" and not be seen by co-workers, your boss, etc. Furthermore, if you are out on the periphery socially,...you almost become invisible. As I am writing this, it sounds as if this behavior of "being the best" is almost an egotistical exercise,...because once you become a true expert, a resource, a mentor, at something,...you gain some attention, acceptance, and are no longer invisible.

On the other hand,...why not be the best at something? I've always said,...regardless of what it is,..."Those that are the best, do it different than the rest." Often, those individuals that are doing it different and are the best,...also have some degree of neurodivergence, perhaps are non-conformists, but also put in the time and effort to understand the topic well beyond anyone else. Sounds like characteristics of an autistic individual to me.

But you don't have to be superior to everyone else to feel good about yourself. You can just be an average person and feel at peace with it.

In my experience, being called "smart" and"gifted" all the time made me develop a superiority-inferiority complex but thankfully i am over it now. Being different and not having anyone around me that i can compare myself with, messed up my sense of self. But it's long past now.

It’s about respect. I feel like people never give me the respect I deserve. No matter what I do, these stupid neurotypicals always say I ain’t done nothing, I need to do this and that

It’s about respect. I feel like people never give me the respect I deserve. No matter what I do, these stupid neurotypicals always say I ain’t done nothing, I need to do this and that

Respect is a 2-way street, and it is often earnt through being polite and understanding of others. You're still referring to people as 'stupid neurotypicals', how do you think you gain respect? You say you want to be a god do you expect people to bow down to you and only speak positively about you?

Until you look at yourself objectively, you'll never get the 'respect you deserve'.

You say you don't think people will ever accept you for who you are". The answer is right there in your post. Most people are turned off by an over inflated, arrogant, narcissistic person.

I really feel for you if you truly believe you are absolutely superior. Rest assured; you are not and you will be devastated when your superiority comes crashing down. That is, if you are capable of realizing or recognizing the crash. If not, then life is going to be chronically difficult.

New Threads

Top Bottom