• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Give meaning to your existence and keep going

I think of the Hindu tale of one knocking on the door of heaven and hearing the voice of God asking "Who goes there?". The only enlightened reply is,"It is you".
I also think of Carl Sagan who said,"The Universe is all there is, there was, and all there ever will be. That we all are just the Universe contemplating itself".
Now this mindset does give me peace. More and more as I begin more and more to identify with an eternal Universe above the mortal ego.
Where ever you look, there you are.

My favourite is nisagadatta;

Wisdom says I am nothing, love says I am everything, and between the two my life flows.

I just want to say that since being here I've noticed people displaying amazing resilience, even through the stress and difficulties that are evident.

One thing though, that often slips even for the most resilient of us, is the WHY. The meaning and the reason to go on struggling through.
Without that, innate resilience and toughness built through hard knocks is just not enough.

Goals help a lot, and they give a reason and a focus.

For me, I have the following goals;

I want to give my kids the best start I can.
I want to build my business so it can help people.
I want to make enough money so that I can build a charity/NFP.

But some times even the goals are not enough, and I need a deeper reason.

The one thing that's helped the most is a deeper WHY that gives meaning to the struggle itself;

I may be going through hell right now, but I am building a story of resilience, and when I get through hell I will be able to help other people who are still walking through the fires.

If you don't keep going, you won't build you're story and there may be someone in your future that REALLY needs to hear it. You owe it to that person to keep going.

“He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

I don't really know any of you, but I believe in you.

"When you're going through hell - keep going!"

Go Steam!

i struggle to find meaning to all of what i go through.

is it just fufilment that gives meaning to life? good to counteract the bad, serine calms in the storm of emotions. to feel fuffilled with life, when not happy. to know the bad times always come to an end, through it all, persistance in the belife of life.

how to feel fuffilled? happinies, empathy, purpose? the only meaning life gives us is to feel good, exsistentailism melts down when emburced in the positive of the now, to feel happy is meaning to life.

are others happinies my own? can i live off of just others being happy. a man in africa may feel happy, yet i feel nothing. but a smile of my mothers face, i can conect to. the difference, is i care for my mother. her happinies, is mine as well.

but to live off of others being happy, when you are not. empathy turns away, and feeling for others positivity vanishes. you cant just live to make others happy, when it gives nothing back.

in life, there is always pain. rather waking up for work, or a scremeing kid, we cant avoid it. to hide from the things that cause us displessure, or live life? with good comes the bad.

with so much neggativity we must endure in this world, how to we keep afloat. meaning to the pain. sometihing we can look to for strength in persistance. a goal, a purpose. an athelete ednurew the regimented tourment of training to win a medal. we can endure the scremeing kids, to raise them. because the pain will be worth it in the end.

to live without a purpose, gives no meaning fo pain. no arguments for persistance. life devolves into meaningless endurance for the sake of fighting, with nothing to fight for.

finding a purpose, finding fuffilment, finding sympathy. these are all things that i struggle with. my ability to live for the sake of simply living is faltering. a life devolved into small steps in happinies, large gains in neggativity, and no meaning to it.

i have no choice but to persist. maybe meaning will cone with time

I’m asking myself this at the moment.

Why do I keep on going?

If I’m out of bed in a morning, people leave me alone, don’t myther me.
Presume I’m okay and ‘getting better’ and that makes them happy.
(And stop watching and questioning me)

My children are off doing there own thing. Independent problem solvers.
My husband would grieve and then move on, like most people usually do I suppose. I’d certainly want him to.

I get the feeling I haven’t quite finished yet.
I’m supposed to be doing something but don’t quite know what that is.

I’m curious enough to loiter until I do know. I’m intrigued.

Like that annoying song by Chumbawumba said, "I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down"

Despite endless "You have not been successful" emails from jobs I've applied for, I still carry on my quest to get a paid job... Contrary to the opinion of my Parents, it's not JUST to shut the Daily Fail readers on the Internet up, I actually DO have a strong desire to work, for money, especially given that I've been doing the voluntary thing for Donkey's years.

Wow, this is good, can't believe I missed it.

"If someone wrote a book about your life, would anyone want to read it?" - some Army recruitment ad 15 years ago.

But that saying's always stuck in my mind. I struggle a lot with the "what's the point?" type of feeling, and I guess my point, right now, is to be the best Gritches I can be.

Your welcome :)

I thought I was answering o.p ... but it asks about existence, not life.

I’ll just retreat quietly here and sit in the corner making no noise and not attracting attention.
:)

New Threads

Top Bottom