• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Giant Blue Crab invasion has begun!

Tom

V.I.P Member
Another in my series of hard hitting and slightly demented news stories about things that matter.

Originally in southern Florida they have begun to march up the East Coast, most recently appearing in North Carolina.

Blue Crab Invasion Part 2: North Carolina Edition - Videos from The Weather Channel

blue crab.jpg

Girl sacrificed to crabs by local fishermen in Chesapeake Bay MD, in attempt to stop the advance.

And after being 'accidentally' introduced to the Mediteranean the crabs have found Italy much to their liking with no natural predators.

Invasive blue crabs threaten economy of whole regions of Italy, official say

crab monster.gif

The governor of Romagna office was contacted for comment but has not yet responded.

;)

And after being 'accidentally' introduced to the Mediteranean the crabs have found Italy much to their liking with no natural predators.

As a natural species here on earth myself, and definitely a predator of shellfish, I volunteer to eat a pound of blue crab daily and save Italy from devastation.

@Tom,
Thank you for keeping us so well informed. I wish I could designate you as Forum Journalist of the Strange and Fascinating.

Another in my series of hard hitting and slightly demented news stories about things that matter.

Originally in southern Florida they have begun to march up the East Coast, most recently appearing in North Carolina.

Blue Crab Invasion Part 2: North Carolina Edition - Videos from The Weather Channel

View attachment 117472

Girl sacrificed to crabs by local fishermen in Chesapeake Bay MD, in attempt to stop the advance.

View attachment 117473

The governor of Romagna office was contacted for comment but has not yet responded.

;)
Very Tasty! I like that faced with invasive lionfish on its reefs, Bonaire has taken the action to hunt and eat them. They are firm and sweet! And, one can even get lionfish pizza. I believe that Whole Foods has lionfish for about $10/lb.

More on the crab invasion...! :eek:
The Onion: Experts Agree Giant, Bioengineered Crabs Pose No Threat

Them! Them! Them!

Oops. Sorry. Wrong arthropod.

This then...

One of my favorite cheesy B-grade 50's Sci-fis! But I don't mind adding it scared the oatmeal out of me when I first watched it around 6 years old.

crab brain 2.jpg

;)

According to the opening credits, Gilligan's Professor [Russell Johnson] is in it.
Yeah, Russell Johnson seems to be in half the Sci-Fi films of the 50's. But he rarely appeared to get the lead part serving mostly as a supporting character. In this film he once again loses out, this time to Richard Garland, I think because Garland wears a bandana and Johnson doesn't. The professor does get to save the day in the end bringing down an electrified tower on the last crab, but heroically gets fried in the process.

crab 3.jpg

;)

View attachment 117472

View attachment 117473

;)
They are cute, love the colour.

New Threads

Top Bottom