• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Getting my face ripped off at work again

I am so proud of you. You didn't internalize this and blame yourself. You actually stepped outside of yourself and logically looked at the turnover. See- it isn't all about how you perceive yourself. This is a really big step for you. Now your next thing is to start speaking out for yourself. Start calling people on how they treat you. You may not be welcomed but you will feel stronger!!
QUITE RIGHT! It was a hard thing to reclaim my agency. That was a turning point for me. Once I felt that I could advocate for myself, I knew I could advocate for my happiness.

Okay. Now l get the picture. Can you transfer to a different area? No wonder you get stressed out. She abuses her position. Alot of supervisors are like this.

I applied for another library in a different area twice and I never got a call back. My lack of a degree keeps doors locked for me.

I applied for another library in a different area twice and I never got a call back. My lack of a degree keeps doors locked for me.
In your resume have you been able to present your successes and knowledge in your area of expertise? Please review your work. You are not in a regulated environment and surprisingly credentials may count for less except to demonstrate that you are trainable. You do not need to lie or exaggerate. You can represent your skills accurately in a good light. Write in a way that directs the reader to a conclusion that you want them to make. It is a skill like any other.

True this. This is a shortage of manpower. You should call and ask if there are openings? It may just be bad timing. This lady offered me a job at my bank. I am just not working now.

True this. This is a shortage of manpower. You should call and ask if there are openings? It may just be bad timing. This lady offered me a job at my bank. I am just not working now.

I sent in the application both times job openings were mentioned. I was apparently promised an interview as long as I did so the second time but unless something happened while sending the application online, I never got a call.

Just call and ask. One time l filled out application. The manager didn't have the correct phone #. It was his mistake. Sometimes you need to make phone calls and ask questions. Once l got a job because l wrote a thank you for my interview. The manager told me l was the only one who did that. It was my very first job.

Ask if any more job openings are coming up.

Looking for a job is a game. A game where everyone has their own "house rules" and so there's never a single answer on how best to approach a situation. We've had some discussions here in the past on job searches that you can look into, and keep in mind that we have lots of experience in the community here you can reach out to, as job seekers, those who've sat on hiring panels and committees or been a hiring manager, or in support roles like job search coach. (all of the above for me)

New Threads

Top Bottom