• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Getting back in the game

Nisk

The Spoiler King
So I'm in that awkward stage of life where I was in a relationship for so long that I forgot how to pick up and date girls.

In the past I never really had much of a problem getting girls. This was for various reasons, I've been told I was attractive, girls liked the bad boy aura I had, I can be sarcastically funny and other reasons. The world of dating has changed now though I'm older so looks are fading, I'm a father not a bad boy and now dating is all texting and apping.

My biggest problem is the initial approach, especially in the texting game.

So what I'm wondering is there any tips or advice that might help me get back in the game?

Don't worry if what you have to say may sound critical I don't take much personally.

After my divorce I had lost what little confidence I'd ever had (probably stopping drinking had an effect too..!) I went the Internet route, and though there were plenty of...um, can I say weird people?...and several baaaaad dates I found a good one. The Web is a decent place to be yourself without having to see the judgey faces of those who don't like it, it widens your world without being too intrusive and if you've got the patience to sift through the pebbles you might find a diamond!

From what I can tell from the pics you posted while fishing, just walking around and saying hello will attract women. I don't think you will have any problems in real life.

You know the drill, be seen, smile, chat, be charming and, act interested in whatever the girl is rambling about. Ask her to coffee or the club or something for a day or two later and, there you go, you've got her number, she has yours and/ your getting together to hang out - yeah a date but, not really so, no pressure for her that way.

From what I can tell from the pics you posted while fishing, just walking around and saying hello will attract women. I don't think you will have any problems in real life.

Thank you for the compliment.

Thanks to Metalmin for the suggestion to look on the interweb.
Again thanks Mia that little boost to my confidence helped me to already get a date. Also thanks to Beverly on the suggestion of the informal get to know each other date, worked like a charm.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom