• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Futurama

VictorR

Random Member
V.I.P Member
Futurama is my favourite cartoon series. Besides having seen the original television run, the movies, and the two revival seasons, I've also watched the Simpsons episodes with crossovers, read all of the comics, and listened to the one-off radio-style show Radiorama.

I have to say that I thought it was kind of weird at first and it took some time, into the mid-2010s, before I liked it, and by the time I really appreciated it, it was already after the comic run had ended and well after the most recent season, so collectibles were now only available in the secondary market and for those outside the US, often a hassle.

I have mixed feelings about the current revival, 10 years after the fourth series finale Meanwhile brought the series to a nice ending.

While I'm excited to have new episodes to look forward to, and the possibility of picking up new merchandise, I can't help but wonder if sometimes, it's best just to let things go, and have them be good memories, rather than to bring them back and possibly mess things up.

And here's one of (for me) the more memorable lines

futurama-fester.gif

Love Futurama. And so much humor never intended for children. :cool:

Remember when Leela got her second eye? It didn't last though....oh well!

I have only seen a couple of episodes (when I was in high school I think) and I'm not sure I could tell you which ones they were... the humor seems to be up my alley though.

That quote is more relatable for me than I want to admit.

Oh, and to add: one of my clients has a dog named Leela. I'm sure that this is why. She has two eyes though!

Here's a mosaic at a university that features several of the characters - how many can you spot?

1656536012161.JPG

Here's a mosaic at a university that features several of the characters - how many can you spot?

1656536012161.JPG
Omg, that is so beautiful. I know it's a mosaic but I would love to paint something like that with my oil paints if I can get a big enough canvas.
Am I correct in assuming that it's honoring LGBTQ+ Indigenous people?

Omg, that is so beautiful. I know it's a mosaic but I would love to paint something like that with my oil paints if I can get a big enough canvas.
Am I correct in assuming that it's honoring LGBTQ+ Indigenous people?

The theme was celebrating pride and diversity.

My understanding is that the 2017 Philadelphia 8-stripe pride flag covers pride and POC, and the two feathers would serve as a nod to two-spirit and Indigenous persons.

The theme was celebrating pride and diversity.

My understanding is that the 2017 Philadelphia 8-stripe pride flag covers pride and POC, and the two feathers would serve as a nod to two-spirit and Indigenous persons.
Makes sense!
Yes, the Philly pride flag is meant to be POC-inclusive (hence the brown and black stripes.) The newer Progress pride flag also features the brown and black stripes as well as the colors of the transgender flag (blue, white, pink.)

The feathers were what made me think it was honoring Indigenous people. That's great that they've also included two-spirit people! That's a community that unfortunately doesn't get enough recognition in the US.

Oh, this is the latest Progress pride flag which is now inclusive to Intersex people as well.

And with that, I will stop derailing the thread! Sorry about that...

189533875_2906094233043871_8133455861604650497_n1-e1623080969136.jpg

And with that, I will stop derailing the thread! Sorry about that...

Isn't that what forums are all about? :D

Anyway, Futurama? I remember the show from years ago, it was fun, haven't watched the revival series yet, actually don't recall hearing about it even :rolleyes:

You've just given me an idea for some future viewing, I've only ever seen part of one episode, I don't own a TV.

I was there for the original series. I don’t have much interest in remakes or follow ups, but I can appreciate that the story must go on.

1672906281676.png

How many different series are there? I found 1 series of 7 seasons, and 4 movies.

I was just looking in Wikipedia too, a little bit confusing but I think I just got the lot.

I am only expert on 1999 to 2003.

My most beloved series are all brief and terminal.

I have no patience for storylines that go on and on and on. But I DO support VictorR’s comprehensive interest in the whole thing.

I love futurama. To the extent that I have also cosplayed from it twice.=D

I didn’t know that the show was being revived — and I have mixed thoughts about it but hopefully it will be good.

New Threads

Top Bottom