• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Frustrating past online date. . .wanting to vent

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
I had a good conversation with an online date leading up to making an online appointment to play an interactive fiction game.

I was supposed to meet online with a guy from Reston, VA (like a 3.5 hour drive one way), yesterday at 7 PM.

About 2 hours before the meetup, he has to reschedule because he's in a bad mood. I don't get the message until after I drive back from my friend's 30 min. away.

Then I tell potential date that I was upset about that as I had driven back earlier and maybe we could just try to meet last minute at another time.

He blocked me after saying he doesn't want to be around a person who gets upset at him to ask to reschedule.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Sheesh. You dodged a bullet with that guy.

Maybe saying you were upset was the deal breaker. Would you have responded the same way if he did that to you?

Maybe saying you were upset was the deal breaker. Would you have responded the same way if he did that to you?

I think you are correct. On the rarer occasion that I completely cancel last minute rather than push the time back, if the same thing happened to me, I probably would've attempted to continue to ask at the last minute afterward feeling sad. At least for awhile. If I couldn't meetup after several weeks, I probably would've given up feeling that the person was not interested in me enough and/or too busy to make time for me. I also tend to be a planner because I do a lot.

It stinks because we were building something we probably had enough in common of- interactive fiction games, and it helped that he was cute, lol.

But, when we started communicating, it was a struggle because he started off that he liked to do everything solo. So, it didn't seem like he was interested even though we "matched" but I knew that I had to try because it's been so hard.

The difficulty to build communication with him reminded me of how I feel like when I read some of other people's posts on here.

After asking various people, I do think my frustration could be taken as an overreaction, but that his response was an even worse overreaction. An overly selfish one too. So, I think all of the responses above are all right about the situation. :(

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom