• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Friendship

Saidy

My only friend left me tonight. We met when we were both 9 years old. That's right. It was a 18 year relationship. He stuck with me while countless others turned away, unable to deal with my autistic behaviors. Finally my friend has given up. I have a lot of social skills development to do. As I cry on my keyboard I read his text messages and I realize that I am now completely alone. I needed to tell someone, so here I am. Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

I know what that's like; I finally decided to Unfriend the last few people I was able to call friends the other night, because I moved over 2 years ago and they never talk to me or I them.

Truth is, there are likely many of us who are profoundly alone in the real world. Yet when you come here, you are not alone at all. With likely a great deal to share that so many of us have in common.

Real friends are difficult to find, and equally difficult to keep.

Welcome to Autism Forums

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

I never had many friends through life and what few I've considered close are deceased.
It has finally gotten to the point that I realize the only person I am with a lot is the man I rent house share with. It is an odd feeling to think how I will feel if he departs also. He is an older man, 78 with health problems.
It's not a good friendship, but, we are there for each other at least.
He knows I am autistic and accepts that without any ridicule.

WE are not alone when here. Hope you find it helps you as much as it has me.

Im sorry about the loss of youre friend , this sadly is the case in so many friendship being lost for us with this & or other diagnosis .

All we can do in this cases is to be thankfull for the time we had with them and accept and respect their decision to leave on what ever grounds they are doing this and always leave the door open for them to return if they want too.

I know its not the same as in reel life but in here you now have many that can both cope and understand youre difulties so if you choose to stay we are all here to help and support eatchoder and you will never be all alone.

I’m so sorry:( I have lost many friends due to Aspergers, but I promise you that there are ppl out there that will be your friend, once you find your small tribe you will realize that you should be accepted for you. I have found a small circle of friends that love me for me and I know you will too❤️

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend - I dont know how many people you have whom you would cal friends, but any loss is hard.

Hi and welcome, I'm sorry you have lost your friend, that's a long friendship, and I respect that you kept your friend for so many years. This is a friendly place, I hope that you enjoy it here.

:hibiscus::herb::palmtree::leafwind::mapleleaf::cat:

Thank you everyone for your replies! I did not expect so many :)
I think I will find another friend somewhere, but if I don't, it's great to see that I have a place to talk to people now. I've always been too shy for forums and social media so I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone to post here. I think I will really benefit from this.

Thank you everyone for your replies! I did not expect so many :)
I think I will find another friend somewhere, but if I don't, it's great to see that I have a place to talk to people now. I've always been too shy for forums and social media so I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone to post here. I think I will really benefit from this.

Welcome to the forums Saidy! Sorry for you loss. I've gone through many similar losses.
I think as long as you're willing to put yourself out there, you'll always find new friendships! Just don't give up! :)
Glad you took the plunge with these forums. It's a great place with lots of really nice people! :)

My only friend left me tonight. We met when we were both 9 years old. That's right. It was a 18 year relationship. He stuck with me while countless others turned away, unable to deal with my autistic behaviors. Finally my friend has given up. I have a lot of social skills development to do. As I cry on my keyboard I read his text messages and I realize that I am now completely alone. I needed to tell someone, so here I am. Thanks for reading.

welcome to the forums,from one aspie to another,sorry for your loss.

I have just said goodbye to mine after 6 years. My only friend who put up with me. But it wasn't happy. We clashed in so many areas & I couldn't ever let it go. I swing from anguish to anger in a flash. It's too much to expect from them. As much as I hurt, I have to free them & myself from more pain. I come here now but I know exactly how you feel right now. Just remember you are more than you think you are & other friends are out there. You just haven't met them yet ☺

New Threads

Top Bottom