• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Friendship With middle aged married man

I appreciate all of your heartfelt replies. I wanted to share this because it's very exciting to have a real chance at happiness. This morning, I saw OP at the grocery store and we spoke casually. He helped with my groceries and lingered by the car. He asked me if we could file together. I didn't know what he meant, so then he told me that he thinks we are twin flames and that he was so scared to say his true feelings that he just ran away. His marriage has been over for 3 years. I just can't believe it. So, tomorrow, we are going to the courthouse together to file our divorces. I am so happy. I am sure there will be some posters out there who will disagree with my decision, but it's ok because we only have one life and it might as well be to live happily ever after. **** yeah!

This whole thread is full of lies and contradictions and has nothing whatsoever to do with ASD!
I think you are 52 going on 16!
And I think you will leave a trail of destruction in your wake!
I feel sorry for all concerned in this mess!

Tough one.

The grass isn't always greener.

If I don't make a moral judgment, I can say :

Sometimes it is :)

Good luck and look after your family. Tough times ahead.

I appreciate all of your heartfelt replies. I wanted to share this because it's very exciting to have a real chance at happiness. This morning, I saw OP at the grocery store and we spoke casually. He helped with my groceries and lingered by the car. He asked me if we could file together. I didn't know what he meant, so then he told me that he thinks we are twin flames and that he was so scared to say his true feelings that he just ran away. His marriage has been over for 3 years. I just can't believe it. So, tomorrow, we are going to the courthouse together to file our divorces. I am so happy. I am sure there will be some posters out there who will disagree with my decision, but it's ok because we only have one life and it might as well be to live happily ever after. **** yeah!

"I just can't believe it." Me neither!

My husband told his side piece that "our marriage had been over for years". Well...news to me! He slept beside me every night, and we planned for our future.
Our marriage only broke up because I CAUGHT his screwing around on me and kicked his cheating ass out.
Surprise, surprise, he did not move in with/marry his ho-worker.

We are divorced now because he's a liar and a cheater, and I deserve (and got!) better. Him? Well, since he's no longer the desirable married man with a lovely wife and home, he's cruising all the dating apps and finding out he's not such a hot property now that he's "single". He'll probably die alone, and I couldn't care less.
Best of luck to your respective families... as for the two of you, time will tell.

I am thrilled for you! The commends to your post seem needlessly cruel but I am happy he returned his feelings.

I think marriage and relationships can be really complicated. I think you trying to find your own happiness in all this is really important. I also hope your husband finds his own happiness. As for your children I hope you can work through what is happening with them and discuss it so they don't feel the backlash of your decision.

Good luck!

New Threads

Top Bottom