• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Forcing your Aspergers son into particpation via sports, clubs etc...the right thing?

Hi All,
I am looking for some feedback on what you all think about this. My sister is a high school teacher and spends a great deal of time
harping on my son to get involved in school activities, he played football last year or I should say he was part of the team, he never
actually got any playing time but he was absolutely misearable the entire time! I hate seeing him unhappy, he does have a few interest
limited as they may be he is a very talented artist, he has improved 100 % on his socialization skills and has even made a few friends
and has a girlfriend this year....so he has overcome alot of hurdles. SO.......what do you all think about forcing him into school activities
is it the right thing or wrong thing? I get aggravated at my sis for harping on him because it makes him only retreat more. Any feedback
would be awesome!!! :)
hes fine, honestly i dont do any sports dont have a girlfreind and am into really weird **** and im still fine. i do think the excersize is important though. that said i am like, a 16 year old boy so my advice may be a bit biased. i guess just let him be into what hes into but at the same time physical excersize is important. i dont really know how helpful that actually was but yeah.

New Threads

Top Bottom