• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Food fun

It seems I have a new found passion for Nutella that I had not realized earlier today.
This is the second jar in the span of 2 weeks that I've eaten with just a spoon in a matter of days.

The last 30 years, I could only eat Nutella with waffles (and nothing else, ever), and a jar could sit on the shelf for several months. But now it's like a magnet.

Anybody else obsess over foods (and don't you dare say chocolate, because who doesn't)? Or have certain things you can't eat?

Lately I've been obsessing over watching documentaries about food. Well, maybe not obsessing, but I've watched several recently. I just said that so it would be an appropriate response in the thread ;)

After watching the movies there is almost nothing left that is safe to eat. Organic is supposedly OK, but that seems to be about it.

I have experienced cravings that have included dates, but carbs are my most frequent and worst one. It is helpful to know the likely source of the cravings.

Chocolate cravings happen fairly often. No-bake cookies are a good quick solution to the chocolate craving, although they are a bit too sugary. I guess I need to provide a recipe in my blog now.
I must admit, when I'm craving chocolate, I'm such a piggy that I won't even make the no bake cookies, I just go for the bag of chocolate chips!

For one, I'm allergic to some nuts so I stay away from any foods that use nuts of all kinds and even ones that may contain traces of any kind of nut. That's basically most candy out there. One can never be too careful. Even before being diagnosed with the allergies, I was always a picky eater. For example, I always eat cheese by itself (the cheese stands alone!) and only name brand foods (I feel like store brand foods are inferior).

I love Quiznos, and it sucks that they all closed where I live. I used to order certain types of sandwiches a lot - Baja Chicken, Cabo Turkey Club, Classic Italian, and of course the good ol' Traditional. Even typing this sentence makes my mouth water...can't believe they all closed and Subway is still open. I used to always order my bread extra toasted, to the point that it's almost burnt, and since the cheese stands alone - always no cheese. Currently I love eating at a burger joint close to my work, where I constantly order one type of food - the world-famous chicken sandwich. Also near-burnt bread, also no cheese. Extra well done, extra grilled chicken always. No mayo. Yummy in the tummy!

As for sweets, there are specific nut-free ones I eat. The local supermarkets sell some cookies like Enjoy Life and Home Free, and there's a company in Vermont that I occasionally order chocolates from. If anyone here is allergic, here are their websites:

Enjoy Life Foods | Allergy-Friendly Foods & Recipes

delicious, healthy, allergy-friendly treats | Homefree

Vermont Nut Free Chocolates - The Finest Gourmet Chocolates for Everyone

I also eat home-made ice cream (with Enjoy Life's chocolate chips!) as well as some home-made cakes made for special occasions.

I'm the weird one that doesn't crave chocolate. The only chocolate I will eat is one square of Ghiradelli intense dark or if I get candy around the holidays I do enjoy a good creme filled dark chocolate. Dark chocolate does release dopamine in the brain and is soothing. Pets can't stand that much though and should never eat chocolates.
I don't have much of anything I really crave or want more of. Not much on anything sweet. Ice cream or cake occasionally. I like certain fruits for dessert.
I do have things I can't stand the textures of though like yogurt. Too snotty feeling for me too. And jello.
I don't like the taste or feel of peanuts or peanut butter.
Hate celery. And if sushi or anchovies are presented, it's gag city time. I would never even put tripe, headcheese or any visceral foods into my mouth. :tongueclosed:

I sometimes stim with ginger. I've got a ginger grater, and grate a mountain of it into my green tea, add some honey, and drink the delightful fire. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom