• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Flavour of the moment

Hi, ive been finding that i go through obsession fads alot.
For example last month it was painting, previous month was origami and so on.

Just wondering what you guys's flavour of the moment is.

Mine is bingeing Battlestar Galactica right now.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say watching lots of episodes of 'Dance Moms' with my younger daughter! She is a very keen dancer and it's a good opportunity to have some quality time together, but it's not something I would mention on the construction sites I work on. I find the power struggle, interplay and interaction between the moms fascinating. It's not something I've ever experienced or understand without my daughter regularly explaining why they get so upset and how to settle the nail biting dramas o_O

Last edited:
I don't think mine last a whole month?

For the past couple of days it's been mild echolalia, some scripting and neologisms.
I'm all about the sound of words at the moment.

...and curry.
(With a belief it will assist in sorting out my sinuses. Gone bonkers)

I don't think mine last a whole month?

For the past couple of days it's been mild echolalia, some scripting and neologisms.
I'm all about the sound of words at the moment.

...and curry.
(With a belief it will assist in sorting out my sinuses. Gone bonkers)
doesnt need to last a month.. Was just a generic example :)

Mmmm i love curry nom noms drool drool

destiny 2 (but stuck at 276) & elite dangerous

268 :( I don't have other people I know to play online with though and refuse to chat with strangers, so I am slightly limited in some activities.

268 :( I don't have other people I know to play online with though and refuse to chat with strangers, so I am slightly limited in some activities.

same here, i may try one of the accompanied activities where there are 'guides' that volunteer to explain the activity

Playing online scrabble, with a computer, several times a day. Re-reading a non-fiction book called: The lost city of the monkey god.

Thinking about parasites that infested the archeologists and scientists and writers and photographers who went to Honduras, to find the lost city buried in the jungle. And how afterwards they began to track the evolution of parasitic infestation in humans and animals. It's a history of human endurance. People who are alive now, survived it.

Last edited:
Re-reading a non-fiction book called: The lost city of the monkey god.

@Mia Oh you've just reminded me I bought the kindle version of this after I heard an 'Earth Ancients' podcast about it! It's on my kindle somewhere so I'll start it next, thanks for the reminder :) I love this kind of subject, it's great for me to get lost in when things get too much.

Last edited:
same here, i may try one of the accompanied activities where there are 'guides' that volunteer to explain the activity

I was going to, until I saw it said "chat required". I mean, I know I could just not talk but someone will point it out and then that's awkward. My husband says that for the raid, you actually need to be able to talk to other people (he plays online with friends).

New Threads

Top Bottom