• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fitness thread--what was your workout today?

Alright, gym empty. And 40 min run. Very nice run. And the food channel had the yummiest restaurant fare on my treadmill. I kept trying to figure how to turn it into vegetarian.

@grommet
We have the young guys come in and scope the old ladies.

It really improved my mood. And l feel much better.

Didn't get my lunch hour walk in because of the heat. I'll have to get up early tomorrow morning to rectify this. I'm still planning for half an hour of VR exercise tonight.

Didn't get my lunch hour walk in because of the heat. I'll have to get up early tomorrow morning to rectify this. I'm still planning for half an hour of VR exercise tonight.

VR exercise is amazing. I use PowerBeats, wow. 2.5 minutes and my hear rate is more than 150bpm, sweating. I ordered more facepads for my Valve Index because I sweat. It is a wonderful workout. May I ask you what program you are using?

May I ask you what program you are using?
Supernatural
Beat Saber
Moon Rider
Synth Riders
OHSHAPE

This is on the Oculus Quest 2 - I refuse to call it the Meta Quest (spits). I've got something of a heart issue, so I push myself as hard as I can within safe limits (doctor approved).

Supernatural
Beat Saber
Moon Rider
Synth Riders
OHSHAPE

This is on the Oculus Quest 2 - I refuse to call it the Meta Quest (spits). I've got something of a heart issue, so I push myself as hard as I can within safe limits (doctor approved).

Thank you for telling me what you are using. I tried Beater Saber but it was very hard, it was beautiful though. I also did not like the music. Some of it I did. I think there are ways to add your own. Because so many people like the game I think I might try it again some day.

I have not used those others. I looked on Steam and found I can get and use Synth Riders, I put it on my wishlist. OHSHAPE was there but not listed for the Valve Index, the others were not on Steam. I am

I also do not like Meta, yuck. I had an Oculus Rift S. I bought it new from them then they stopped supporting it. They just forgot about all us customers. I did not like that at all. I thought it was very inconsiderate and showed they are not loyal, they sell you something and move on. I do not like companies like that so even though people say such good things about the Quest 2 I have not been able to make myself get one though I was very close.

Last edited:
Thank you for telling me what you are using. I tried Beater Saber but it was very hard, it was beautiful though. I also did not like the music. Some of it I did. I think there are ways to add your own. Because so many people like the game I think I might try it again some day.

I have not used those others. I looked on Steam and found I can get and use Synth Riders, I put it on my wishlist. OHSHAPE was there but not listed for the Valve Index, the others were not on Steam. I am

I also do not like Meta, yuck. I had an Oculus Rift S. I bought it new from them then they stopped supporting it. They just forgot about all us customers. I did not like that at all. I thought it was very inconsiderate and showed they are not loyal, they sell you something and move on. I do not like companies like that so even though people say such good things about the Quest 2 I have not been able to make myself get one though I was very close.
I'm not sure if Moon Rider is available for your Valve. It should be if you can open a browser. I simply play it in the browser on my OQ2. Just surf to: Moon Rider

Here are some lame videos of me playing:

Keep in mind that I'm a d00d in my fifties with a bad heart just trying to be more active. I'm never going to win any prizes. It's just nice to have a form of exercise that I can actually look forward to.

I'm not sure if Moon Rider is available for your Valve. It should be if you can open a browser. I simply play it in the browser on my OQ2. Just surf to: Moon Rider

Here are some lame videos of me playing:

Keep in mind that I'm a d00d in my fifties with a bad heart just trying to be more active. I'm never going to win any prizes. It's just nice to have a form of exercise that I can actually look forward to.

That looks so hard I do not know how you do it so well. It looks too fast for me. Watching the video I did realize something I did not before, the music a clue on when there will be something to hit.

I usually ride a sluggish bicycle 4.4 miles a day, into the wind and back. Sometimes, I don't ride if I mowed the lawn. In the winter, I ride an indoor bike, but don't breath as hard, unfortunately.

That looks so hard I do not know how you do it so well.
I was always the last kid chosen for any team back in school because of how useless I was. Couldn't catch, couldn't throw, couldn't hit, couldn't block someone (unless I wasn't supposed to), etc. If I can do okay at this stuff then anyone can. It's mainly a matter of getting past your self-doubt and just having fun. I play alone. There's no one who will make me feel bad if I have a bad round so what the heck, I'm going for it.

My first childhood wasn't the best, but I'm really enjoying the second one!

I was always the last kid chosen for any team back in school because of how useless I was. Couldn't catch, couldn't throw, couldn't hit, couldn't block someone (unless I wasn't supposed to), etc. If I can do okay at this stuff then anyone can. It's mainly a matter of getting past your self-doubt and just having fun. I play alone. There's no one who will make me feel bad if I have a bad round so what the heck, I'm going for it.

You made me feel much better. I think I will try Beat Saber again. I do not know how I will get better but I will try. Thank you :)

Yesterday I did Squats to 215lbs. I have lost strength since I had to stop but slowly coming back.

Today I did all my physical therapy exercises, I worked them hard. Getting stronger.

6 sets of pull-ups
3 sets of push-ups 10 each time, first time in two years.
6 sets of Planks

It does not sound like a lot but it took me 1 hour 40 minutes and I sweated a lot.

When I was learning rock climbing one day I had the chance to spend time with an expert, he was a famous climber. I asked him what was the most important thing to remember when climbing. He said have fun. He said the best climbers have the biggest smiles.

I played Beat Saber again. I did much better. I relaxed and tried moving like I was dancing and I used the music as a cue for what was coming. I liked some of the hard rock music but not the club music (I do not know what is called). As much fun as it was it already is losing my interest. Always the same cubes coming at me, different patterns. It is expensive too so I think I will not keep it. I am getting Synth Riders now, I will try that.

I played Beat Saber again. I did much better. I relaxed and tried moving like I was dancing and I used the music as a cue for what was coming. I liked some of the hard rock music but not the club music (I do not know what is called). As much fun as it was it already is losing my interest. Always the same cubes coming at me, different patterns. It is expensive too so I think I will not keep it. I am getting Synth Riders now, I will try that.
Give Moon Rider a shot if you can. Massive song library and it's free. You can choose between using sabers or punching.

Give Moon Rider a shot if you can. Massive song library and it's free. You can choose between using sabers or punching.

Can you tell me where I can get it? I did not find it on Steam.

I played Synth Riders and returned it immediately. It is pretty but it is nearly an exact copy of PowerBeats VR, which I have and love. Beat Saber is very expensive and I played it some more and started to like it a lot more but I have to decide soon if I can keep it. It would help me decide if I knew I could use music in it that I like. Is there way to do that? I do not enjoy the electronic music, hard rock/heavy metal motivates me bests for exercise.

it´s not a workout, but I did this stretch exercise (see picture) and I can almost touch the floor with my fingers. can you do that? (legs have to be fully sprawled out)

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.we-go-wild.com%2F2017%2F03%2Fboden-ber%25C3%25BChren-mit-gestreckten-beinen.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Can you tell me where I can get it? I did not find it on Steam.

I played Synth Riders and returned it immediately. It is pretty but it is nearly an exact copy of PowerBeats VR, which I have and love. Beat Saber is very expensive and I played it some more and started to like it a lot more but I have to decide soon if I can keep it. It would help me decide if I knew I could use music in it that I like. Is there way to do that? I do not enjoy the electronic music, hard rock/heavy metal motivates me bests for exercise.
You can play it in a Web browser in your VR headset. I open the browser in my OQ2 and surf to:

www.moonrider.xyz

It loads in the browser window. There's a button at bottom right you click to launch into full VR. It's supposed to be compatible with the majority of headsets on the market.

Hope this helps.

You can play it in a Web browser in your VR headset. I open the browser in my OQ2 and surf to:

www.moonrider.xyz

It loads in the browser window. There's a button at bottom right you click to launch into full VR. It's supposed to be compatible with the majority of headsets on the market.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the help but I do not know how to do that. When I use VR I open with with Steam, then Steam VR. There are only games, there is no web browser I know about. Do you know the instructions for doing this with a Valve Index?

New Threads

Top Bottom