• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

First Steps

Hello everyone, just call me Sam.
It took me a while considering if I even want to join a forum like this, because I wasn't even diagnosed with anything but after reading a lot and after considering all my actions I think it's safe to say that I can self-diagnose myself...heck even other people tend to ask me "do I have Asperger's?" (and yes I am fully aware that is not a proper term anymore).
After lost job opportunities, failed relationships and the general complaints about from other people I've decided to come to this forum for counsel and support.
I don't mean to say anything offensive when I mentioned that being what I am caused me trouble. But I guess its hard to understand others when I don't understand myself as well. I don't blame conditions in defining a person but hey maybe I'm just really inconsiderate and anti social, I am willing to find out.
So something about myself? I am male 22-25 years old, currently have a small group of "friends" about 10 people but I can only handle 4 people at a time. Compounding more people in a room tends to give me headaches when everything gets out of control and everyone just talks about anything (hence I don't do parties). I am only particularly close with 2 people, other people just don't make great conversation and/or doesn't share the same interest therefore becomes friends with me solely by extension. I often have a lot of problems socializing since I don't do small talk or exchange in pleasantries causing me to have no "work friends".
I think thats enough for now. What I really want is to just have someone to talk to in life, but it's like no one really wants to share in my interest and/or they don't even care. I hope to improve myself by participating in conversations in this site if I get the time preferably in the near future.

Welcome, @Sam Wilson!
and-so-the-adventure-begins.jpg

Hello everyone, just call me Sam.
It took me a while considering if I even want to join a forum like this, because I wasn't even diagnosed with anything but after reading a lot and after considering all my actions I think it's safe to say that I can self-diagnose myself...heck even other people tend to ask me "do I have Asperger's?" (and yes I am fully aware that is not a proper term anymore).
After lost job opportunities, failed relationships and the general complaints about from other people I've decided to come to this forum for counsel and support.
I don't mean to say anything offensive when I mentioned that being what I am caused me trouble. But I guess its hard to understand others when I don't understand myself as well. I don't blame conditions in defining a person but hey maybe I'm just really inconsiderate and anti social, I am willing to find out.
So something about myself? I am male 22-25 years old, currently have a small group of "friends" about 10 people but I can only handle 4 people at a time. Compounding more people in a room tends to give me headaches when everything gets out of control and everyone just talks about anything (hence I don't do parties). I am only particularly close with 2 people, other people just don't make great conversation and/or doesn't share the same interest therefore becomes friends with me solely by extension. I often have a lot of problems socializing since I don't do small talk or exchange in pleasantries causing me to have no "work friends".
I think thats enough for now. What I really want is to just have someone to talk to in life, but it's like no one really wants to share in my interest and/or they don't even care. I hope to improve myself by participating in conversations in this site if I get the time preferably in the near future.
So happy you have found this forum!:)

New Threads

Top Bottom