• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finger ratio (2D:4D)

Your 2D:4D ratio is closer to

• Male (0.947)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female (0.965)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

risootser

It is supposed that autistic individuals should have male like finger ratio as it corresponds to testosterone received in the womb. Usually articles you see made for lay people want to just compare which finger is longer however this seems to be wrong interpretation according to the data.
330px-Hand_zur_Abmessung_2D4D.jpg

Measure and calculate 2D/4D both hands an take an average of those two.

Male: 0.947 (+/-0.029)
Female: 0.965 (+/-0.026)

I got 0.986 :eek:. It clearly explains something. I am not exactly the most masculine like in my thinking process.

2D:4D

"2D stands for “second digit” — that’s your index finger, and 4D means “fourth digit” — your ring finger."
2D:4D Ratio, Testosterone, and Masculinity | The Art of Manliness

"Digit ratio is the ratio of length of different digits or fingers typically measured from the mid-point of bottom crease where the fingers join the hands to the tip of the fingers."
2D:4D Ratio and its Implications in Medicine

Talk to the hand. Scientists try to debunk idea that finger length can reveal personality and health | Science | AAAS

2D:4D Ratio, Testosterone, and Masculinity | The Art of Manliness

A follow-up study by another group of researchers found that men with lower 2D:4D ratios make greater efforts to impress women while courting them compared to men with higher 2D:4D ratios. They’re more likely to buy things like flowers and spend more on dates. What’s more, men with low 2D:4D ratios tend to spend more time and money on their appearance than men with higher 2D:4D ratios.

These findings might seem counterintuitive: wouldn’t a more masculine, “alpha” man have trouble getting along with women, and not care about things like style and romance? And wouldn’t a more feminized man find it easier to get along with women?

A man with more T, however, may be more driven to reproduce, and is thus more motivated to learn how to woo women, while men with lower T have less of this drive, and thus care less about their success with the ladies.

Yeah. I just don't play favorites with anyone.. I suppose this is also somewhat similar approach females might take as they look for competition. :confused: However there are women who like like the opposite and appreciate these sorts of men such as me who try not to show off.

Last edited:
My index fingers are longer than my ring fingers, making the ratio more than one.

I refuse to believe what I see. I like to entertain myself with causal connections. Why on earth people like to believe in what they see? That is not fun.

Anyway, I'm quite deep in autism rabbit hole but the Wonderland is not in sight, yet.

New Threads

Top Bottom