• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finally I think I may be approved for SSI

matt000333

My case has been going on for 6 and a half years. I went all the way to federal and got a remand which usually means approval but I got unlucky and got a new judge my old one moved to a new state and the judge I got ignored the federals instruction's and denied me very quickly in 45 days it can take up to 90. It has been in appeals court for a bit over 17 months and I got a letter stating they could not decide my case yet because in 17 months the judge has yet to send in any evidence I hear from my lawyer next Wednesday and can post an update if anyone would like.

I am pretty certain they are finally gonna approve me based on how unprofessional and messy this judge has ruled on my case though I think if I remember correctly at this stage its less about if I am disabled and more did the judge do his job legally which he clearly did not. I remember one thing from my hearing very clearly when he was pestering me about if I didn't have autism or my other mental conditions if I thought I could work physically and he thought that was some kinda got you moment.

It is sad mental problems do not get taken more seriously in my area all he has is the Voc Rehab person saying I could work if I did not have any of me mental conditions and the state doctor of course siding with him they always do and are paid by the state but claim to be unbiased yeah right lol all my docters are for me.

Mazel Tov! It makes life so much easier once you start getting SSI. It's like you let out a sigh, and can finally relax.

I'm really happy for you.

Thanks yeah it is not final yet but all the signs are there. I posted this same thing in Reddit Social Security very negative and they don't know what they are talking about they think I will get denied just because I have before.

My case has been going on for 6 and a half years. I went all the way to federal and got a remand which usually means approval but I got unlucky and got a new judge my old one moved to a new state and the judge I got ignored the federals instruction's and denied me very quickly in 45 days it can take up to 90. It has been in appeals court for a bit over 17 months and I got a letter stating they could not decide my case yet because in 17 months the judge has yet to send in any evidence I hear from my lawyer next Wednesday and can post an update if anyone would like.

I am pretty certain they are finally gonna approve me based on how unprofessional and messy this judge has ruled on my case though I think if I remember correctly at this stage its less about if I am disabled and more did the judge do his job legally which he clearly did not. I remember one thing from my hearing very clearly when he was pestering me about if I didn't have autism or my other mental conditions if I thought I could work physically and he thought that was some kinda got you moment.

It is sad mental problems do not get taken more seriously in my area all he has is the Voc Rehab person saying I could work if I did not have any of me mental conditions and the state doctor of course siding with him they always do and are paid by the state but claim to be unbiased yeah right lol all my docters are for me.

It took me three times and many years. Awful to go through. I had some bad judges too. It is life-changing when you finally get the help, I hope it works out for you.

It took me three times and many years. Awful to go through. I had some bad judges too. It is life-changing when you finally get the help, I hope it works out for you.
Thanks I appreciate it. Yeah its funny to me when I hear people talk about money as reason things are not done for people when in actuality long term it would help moneywise everyone as they would have to spend less on taxes really the real reason things re done to hold people back is Power if people have their own means they can't control you anymore and make you do things you don't want just to survive.

Do you have children under 18? You can also receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). If the children are under 5 years old, you can also receive WIC. I think out of all the govt benefits, I loved WIC the most.

In most states you can get food stamps (SNAP) and SSI.

Have you tried to apply for SSD too? Some people can't get SSD, because they don't have enough work credits.

How about Section 8 housing (subsidized- you can live anywhere), or Section 42 (Project-Based Section 8- Specific apartment communities that are subsidized), through HUD?

Oh yeah, and look around your community for food boxes, and also charities that help with furniture.

Yeah I have one child 13 I pay child support but someone told me if I get SSI to apply her for it too I will tell her mother since she has all her info. Yeah for sure I will get a low income house if I get it be so ready for that I have lived with my grandma over a decade now it kinda wears on you after awhile but what can you do with nowhere else to go. Im already on Medicaid and food stamps thanks for all the info though you seem very kind.

New Threads

Top Bottom