• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feral Cat Rescue (TNR)

Thank you for taking in a special needs kitty. That's a wonderful and compassionate thing to do. :hearteyecat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat:

Well, I have special needs myself, so it would be pretty harsh to turn down an animal because it wasn't "perfect". :p

All my dog have been rescues (mostly with issues) too.

Hey Cali Cat, what great work you are doing. My cat is from a feral mother. She was found abandoned and brought to us. She was a horrible sight - starving, with a big fat belly from worms, huge eyes, bedraggled and pathetic. For some reason she took to me (I don't know why, I'm a confirmed dog person). :p

It took a few weeks to get her looking like a normal kitten. Even now, four years later, she is terrified of strangers. A lot of people don't realise the importance of spaying and vaccination. My cat has Cerebral Hypoplasia (Wobbly Kitty Syndrome), almost certainly due to her mother having cat flu during pregnancy. My kitty is not the worst affected, she walks ok, but she regularly falls off the back of the couch, or misjudges a jump onto the windowsill and faceplants instead.

Here is info if anyone is interested in the disease:
What is Feline Cerebellar Hypoplasia? | Life with Cerebellar Hypoplasia Cats

And here's a picture of my kitty. :)

View attachment 13553
Your cat looks so healthy. Her fur looks so shiny and soft.. It's so nice seeing feral cats transform into healthy and happy little things :)

Today, I caught another one of the feral females living in my friend's front yard. She goes in for spaying and vaccinations tomorrow morning. Naturally, I realize this is very important, and the best thing for the cat and for the community, but I get so stressed trapping cats. I hate terrifying them. I'm going to be a wreck until this girl comes home tomorrow afternoon. :anguished:

Today, I caught another one of the feral females living in my friend's front yard. She goes in for spaying and vaccinations tomorrow morning. Naturally, I realize this is very important, and the best thing for the cat and for the community, but I get so stressed trapping cats. I hate terrifying them. I'm going to be a wreck until this girl comes home tomorrow afternoon. :anguished:
Cali Cat,
I will pray for you and the kitty girl. Youre doing a great thing; I hope to do it someday too! <3

New Threads

Top Bottom