1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling hopeless

Discussion in 'Help and Support' started by Markness, May 7, 2020.

1. Markness

Markness Young God

I have an appointment to see if I can get a TMS session scheduled. I hope it will happen this time around. I don’t want to suffer anymore.

2. Markness

Markness Young God

The TMS is going to cost $7500, something I don’t have.

3. Aspychata

Aspychata Serenity waves, beachy vibes

That's expensive. Can you ask if they take on hardship cases? Or find another alternative? Trying to give support, and failing horribly.

4. Markness

Markness Young God

Both of my parents have agreed to each pay half of the cost for the TMS. Nothing is scheduled yet, though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aspychata

Alright. Moving forward!!

6. GadAbout

GadAbout Well-Known Member

YAY! I'm so glad for you!

7. Markness

Markness Young God

I hope the treatment starts at least before the month is over. I want to stop suffering and actually live my life.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Giraffes

Giraffes Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Corona19 has brought good and bad to my life
    Positives first. Finished a relationship with my live in boyfriend, discovered being alone doesn’t have to mean being lonely, created a indoor garden m and rediscovered my love of running, no clothes shopping for 3 months leading to a reassessment of why I bought so many and what need it was meeting, decided to leave my job (was unhappy the whole time I worked there) found again my love of books, art and music
    The bad, struggled having to live with my ex and him being the onllly person I saw, no cuddles/affection financial worries, increased anxiety and depression due to lack of structure and predictability
    In the uk I from Saturday as a single person can see my daughter and Granddaughter in our respective homes, I have 5 jobs to apply for, and my home and future is in my hands, stilll feel shaky but positive about the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Markness

Markness Young God

Thank you. I hope it will help my mind so I can move forward in life.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Markness

Markness Young God

Before COVID, I was able to get up and do things. Now it takes me hours to get out of bed and I don’t know what to focus on at all. I hope the TMS will reboot my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Markness

Markness Young God

Just one more day until my first treatment. I want to feel better after all these years of suffering.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Aspychata

Best wishes.

13. Markness

Markness Young God

I’ve had two treatments so far. I understand why others compare it to having a woodpecker tapping on your skull.

Unfortunately, I still suffer from depression but I hope more treatments will start changing my mind.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  14. Markness

Markness Young God

I am now going through phases where I will feel unbearably down one moment and calm the next.

15. GadAbout

GadAbout Well-Known Member

That's interesting! At least, something is happening. Maybe the calm becomes much more frequent than the down, after you've had more treatments.

16. Markness

Markness Young God

I’ve been able to cry after not being able to for a long time. It feels like a lot of pressure releases from me when it happens.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Markness

Markness Young God

I read some today since I don’t have to work. My body wants me to nap since I didn’t sleep well last night but the mental health clinic wants me to avoid doing that so it’s going to difficult. I feel calm during the middle of the day.

18. Matthias

Matthias Well-Known Member

I think that's a good sign you're getting better. I hardly ever cried for most of my life. Last year, after I addressed a bunch of repressed emotions I had as long as I can remember, I started crying and it felt like pressure being released like you described. I feel much better now.

19. Matthias

Matthias Well-Known Member