• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling generally annoyed with the world.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Maybe I am spending too much time reading the news. Or maybe I am spending too much time on the Internet in general.

But I feel a sense of nihilism right now.

People suck!

Keep your distance!

But do not leave me alone!

Heh.

I want to enter full drama queen mode, and I am not allowing myself to.

Maybe I should find God. Or maybe I should just go outside. Who knows?

Get an allotment! Plant stuff, see what comes up, plant more stuff. Watch bright red and black cinnabar moths whirr through the long grass. Run away from weird accidentally cross bred bees. Look at the views, we can see the sea from our allotment! Have snacks, learn about compost, build a wind shelter out of pallette wood...

Get an allotment! Plant stuff, see what comes up, plant more stuff. Watch bright red and black cinnabar moths whirr through the long grass. Run away from weird accidentally cross bred bees. Look at the views, we can see the sea from our allotment! Have snacks, learn about compost, build a wind shelter out of pallette wood...

You’re right.

The first step is to detox from screen time, though.

I'm also feeling generally annoyed with the world right too

But...

Just get away from the politics, go somewhere that's just simply fun, or watch a comedy, or something that's fun... That works for me, something as simple as going to a night market, festival, or classic car show...

A lesson I had to learn the hard way, and one I tell people all the time:

If you want to know more about the world... get out there and experience it.

The news aint a substitute for that. But also, it aint even trustworthy. As I keep saying every couple of days or so: It aint there to inform you. It's there to make someone you cant see very rich. Profit is the only true function. Anything else is just fluff. And they WILL distort facts or even outright make things up if they think they can A: profit from it, and B: not get in trouble for it. Anything that gets people fired up and angry/anxious (and addicted to viewing, if possible) gets people stuck to the screen so they can be advertised at as much as possible... which is the actual goal. Positive news doesnt cause that, which is why ALL broadcasted news is negative.

There is plenty of good in the world, just like there's plenty of bad. Always has been. But if you wanna learn about the good, you're gonna have to go elsewhere.

Like outside. Going outside is nice.

A lesson I had to learn the hard way, and one I tell people all the time:

If you want to know more about the world... get out there and experience it.

The news aint a substitute for that. But also, it aint even trustworthy. As I keep saying every couple of days or so: It aint there to inform you. It's there to make someone you cant see very rich. Profit is the only true function. Anything else is just fluff. And they WILL distort facts or even outright make things up if they think they can A: profit from it, and B: not get in trouble for it. Anything that gets people fired up and angry/anxious (and addicted to viewing, if possible) gets people stuck to the screen so they can be advertised at as much as possible... which is the actual goal. Positive news doesnt cause that, which is why ALL broadcasted news is negative.

There is plenty of good in the world, just like there's plenty of bad. Always has been. But if you wanna learn about the good, you're gonna have to go elsewhere.

Like outside. Going outside is nice.

Yeah, I know. There is not much I could do about the decline of American society anyway. I should go outside and embrace hedonism instead.

You need to spend more time around positive people who will help you feel better.

Yeah, I had more of a social life before the pandemic and I miss that.

I know what you mean.

I found carrot cake instead. I still feel existential dread, but at least I’m not hungry anymore.
People who are 'spiritual.' Have a thicker cortical..something or other. More resilient brain. Those who believe in higher order concept of life, (metaphysics) other than a biologically materialist point of view. Less prone to Depression, apparently.

Just to clarify my earlier post: I wasn’t making fun of religion. It was a simple joke with a kernel of truth (because I was, at the time of the post, eating carrot cake in a pointless attempt to keep the existential dread at bay)

I hear ya. It feels that way for me sometimes, but something I have to remind myself and others is that not everyone or everything sucks. It can seem like that at times, more so when you're dealing with stress, anxiety, depression, etc., but as hard as it may seem there is a way out of it all.

Yes, l am burnt out on *people trolls*. Get a life. Seriously if you are mesmerized by my pitful life, you must have the life of a mushroom. I am amazed at people who think my life is interesting. A compost heap has more going on then me.

I agree, the gym is the best place to get rid of the funk. At least until tomorrow.

New Threads

Top Bottom