• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feel like I'm paying for past misdeeds

Yes, I have neighbors like that.
As soon as the man who owns the house I house share with bought the place, he told me they started laying out
orders such as where the property line was, never drive off the driveway onto their grass, silly things, really.
Come to find out the grass was on our property along with their irrigation heads and when they were informed of this they never spoke again.
Seems they didn't like the prior owners, an old man and his son, both of whom I had known for many years.
Guilt by association?

I don't let it bother me. If they don't want to speak,
so be it. There are many other people in the world
and if they don't want to associate. And, well, thankfully these are big houses on half acre lots.

As far as the sharing of the pills you speak of...
It's no shame to need medication if that's what is needed to be functional.
Why not speak with a psychiatrist or doctor about your feelings and see what they would prescribe legally?

I know the job market is crazy, but, I do wish you the best and the courage to make a start.

Thank you, Susan!

You've had some good advice on here and I hope that by taking small but steady steps to change, you're able to view the world in better light.

Sure, there are @ssholes everywhere. Fact. But you don't have to let them 'in'. Those neighbours you hate - they're not a part of your life. You don't have to spend time looking at what they're doing and you haven't got to spend the rest of your life living there either.

If you broaden your horizons, get a job, explore new hobbies/interests, work on better self care instead of taking someone else's prescription meds and wasting your energy on hating the trashy neighbours, your life will improve.

Change is hard. But you've taken the first step by posting and accepting advice. The next step is to act on the advice.

You can do it :)
Thank you so much for taking time out to help out another human being. Sometimes life seems unbearable, especially if you live in the American south.:eek:

Thank you so much for taking time out to help out another human being. Sometimes life seems unbearable, especially if you live in the American south.:eek:

I like the idea of pay it forward.

You got some help. Help someone else.

American south? They walk on two legs now right?
(Sorry if in poor taste but you gotta try right?)

Disclaimer : There's good and bad everywhere :)

New Threads

Top Bottom