• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fear of missing out...

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
I know it has been talked about on here before, I just had an episode of it this morning...

There is a local builder who handbuilt a running replica of the famous Ferrari shark nose race cars from the early 1960's over the last couple of years... I have followed the process through his social media... For those who don't know car stuff well, this car is a big deal, Ferrari destroyed every example... Point being it's a big deal for me, just to see it, as he just finished it recently...

Browsing his account this morning, I saw that he took it to a local cruise night this past week for the grand public unveiling of it... A spot a mere five minutes away from me! :( But I was blissfully unaware sitting at home, probably doing nothing... My only defence is that I know this meet happens but I rarely go (if ever) because it's mostly modern tuner cars which I care far less about than classic cars... Also I was staring at a photo of my friend's car behind the Ferrari, which basically means that he got photos of it, and I didn't...

Even though the car is local, I'm afraid I'll never see it in person... I've met the guy who built it, and talked with him, but we aren't in the same social circles, but my friend Kyle is far more connected to all the car scenes in town than I am and gets to see far more interesting cars... I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle got a tip about this week, he's so connected...

I've often felt like I'm left out, and never get to see the really interesting cars around here, and I know that I can't be everywhere all at once, but somehow this one is bothering me from the point I saw the post...

Be careful of thinking about what ifs. Sometimes not experienceing things saves you from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Be careful of thinking about what ifs. Sometimes not experienceing things saves you from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This is something I have often struggled with, as stated above, and I do know it's wrong, but I struggle with it...

But you make a good point, although I would just about hate myself if I never see this particular car, let alone get photos of it, given that it's in my backyard, or maybe I'm assuming too much already...

I do remember one interesting truck (Steyr-Puch Pinzgaur) that I never photographed many years ago, because I was having a great conversation with the truck owner, along with a small group of other people, still a regret maybe :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I do too often feel this way and I believe it is because we do not know the format on how to interact voluntary. Well, for me, anyway and so, when I hear of get togethers or just chatting, I do feel left out.

Well, if he is a local, I don't see the problem with simply messaging him on social media and making an appointment to see the vehicle and take some photos. Bring your friend along.

My entire life has been about missing out on social events,...basically,...not being included. Even relatives are taken back by me simply answering the phone,...as they would rather talk to my wife. A good part of all of this is on me,...I have the stereotypical autistic communication issues,...and most people just are not equipped to deal with it. So, their default is to simply not deal with it.

Having said that,...if there is something I am really interested in,...I will go out of my way to find out when and where the events and shows are. I have no problem hopping in the car and driving hours to an event by myself,...as my wife is rarely interested in the things I am,...and vice-versa.

New Threads

Top Bottom