• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite beer?

That's pretty much standard in any decent pub in the UK within reason. They'll let you have a small sample from the cask or keg. We even have beer in some places where you can buy in 6.6oz quantities.

Stella Artois or Stella as in the Egyptian one? I think they're both gassy lagers.
Crisp lightly golden ones that are less malty and sugary tasting i’m Ok with. Stella Artois is light enough and I like it, it doesn’t bother me. I don’t like that banana after taste that coats the tongue from some. That is why I susually pick a belgian. I’ve been disappointed in some heisenweifen. I guess i’m not much of a beer connoisseur although one day i’ll have to try a chocolate dark beer as an ice cream float. They served it here at an ice cream shop but I didn’t try it. I did not know there was just Stella. I thought you meant Artois. If I drink it is usually certain wines usually French i’m picky about or other things, Heerings, Patron, or dry cocktails with no added sugars or juices, like infused cucumber. Jalapeño cocktails are fun. Heerings cherry is good to unwind with in a diet coke. I’m just not a regular beer drinker. Although having a 4% beer at your place setting around others drinking will help those who do not want to draw attention to themselves. You can take a sip or two and mostly drink your glass of water beside it and no one will notice you didn’t drink it or don’t drink it at all. It keep people from wondering if you are judging them for drinking and eases the whole social situation. Another is Perrier or a soda with a lemon twist. Looks like something but isn’t.

That's pretty much standard in any decent pub in the UK within reason. They'll let you have a small sample from the cask or keg. We even have beer in some places where you can buy in 6.6oz quantities.
Oh, I didn’t know you were across the pond! Many are trying their fortunes at craft beer. There are breweries everywhere! It’s a beer connoisseurs vacation tour!

Crisp lightly golden ones that are less malty and sugary tasting i’m Ok with. Stella Artois is light enough and I like it, it doesn’t bother me.

Personally, I find it gassy. You'll have to make your own determinations from here.

I don’t like that banana after taste that coats the tongue from some.

Not caramel? I'm thinking of Young's Banana Bread Beer that has a definite aftertaste of banana. There are some speciality banana beers also.

I'lI guess i’m not much of a beer connoisseur although one day i’ll have to try a chocolate dark beer as an ice cream float.

They can be cloying I find, but others are awesome. It really does depend on the nature of the chocolate for me.

I did not know there was just Stella.

It's an Egyptian lager, weaker than Stella Artois. Here in the UK and Ireland Stella Artois is very commonly known as just "Stella". The original Stella Artois is 5.3% but ours is a little less.

Although having a 4% beer at your place setting around others drinking will help those who do not want to draw attention to themselves.

I have some that are under 3%. If they're well made they're pretty good.

The banana taste that starts growing on the tongue from somenis not enjoyable. It is like rotten banana. I like banana bread.

I like those small Bottles of French Beer they sell in Tesco, in the pub I drink Moonshine, a local Real Ale, and Farmer's Blonde, another local Ale, until recently they had a nice one in my local called Hoppy Wan Kenobi, which I called Star Wars Beer due to the obvious connection, but as of last week they're not doing it any more.

I like those small Bottles of French Beer they sell in Tesco, in the pub I drink Moonshine, a local Real Ale, and Farmer's Blonde, another local Ale, until recently they had a nice one in my local called Hoppy Wan Kenobi, which I called Star Wars Beer due to the obvious connection, but as of last week they're not doing it any more.

There's some good Sheffield breweries out there as well as others from that area. Nothing like a good Yorkshire bitter.

The beer companies here got busted selling 6% Heineken, Budweiser, and many other brands with only 3% actually in it. I used to love Heineken and wouldn enjoy two beers. Then I noticed a six pack wouldn’t get a fly high. I knew something was wrong. I just never bought any again. I wonder why I noticed and the public didn’t. Some states always only allowed near beer as we called it or green beer. But this wasn’t in one of this states. They even quit printing th alcohol content on some. I know those are very low alchohol beers when they do that.

A lot of that is being done away with to improve tourism, crafting, tourism, taxes. The government will sell its soul to the Devil for more money. There have been some embarrassing corporate smear campagnes from German beer companies that had same or similar German names. Seems like they went after Budweiser, that American beer was not real beer but water and inferior. The low alc beer was caused by alcoholism among minorities and Native AMericans.It is still illegal to have alcohol on some Indian Reservations. It isn’t a character flaw in Native people so much, but rather a lacking enzyme in the liver that cannot process alcohol and some can get drunk on very little, get cirrhosis easily, or alcohol poisoning. T was often traded to the tribe as part of destroying them as well as exploiting. A lot of alcohol laws in USA is from prohibition because society got way too out of control so they outlawed it for a time. Protestant Churches drew up covenants that members had to sign that said you would abstain from alcohol to be a member. That is what caused all the religious zealot judgement that still goes on today. Was not that way before Prohibition Era. Someone might say something if you were drop dead drunk but not for a couple before all that.

A lot of alcohol laws in USA is from prohibition because society got way too out of control so they outlawed it for a time.

I've bought a book that talks about U.S. Prohibition, and other prohibitionary models. For instance, Sweden nearly outlawed booze altogether in the 1920s. Yes, I read Wikipedia a lot.

Uh huh! And there was one in England in either 1700’s or 1800’s over some deadly type of gin that was very destructive and addicting. Forget what it is. I have a concern for additives in ours for flavor stability and mouth feel like Polyethylene Glycol in Fireball which is banned in some European countries. I’ve noticed Absenthe showing up here. I tried a tiny bit in a cocktail. They said it isn’t bad like the early types but it made me feel weird and nauseous and hurt my stomach. Not for me.

Uh huh! And there was one in England in either 1700’s or 1800’s over some deadly type of gin that was very destructive and addicting. Forget what it is. I have a concern for additives in ours for flavor stability and mouth feel like Polyethylene Glycol in Fireball which is banned in some European countries. I’ve noticed Absenthe showing up here. I tried a tiny bit in a cocktail. They said it isn’t bad like the early types but it made me feel weird and nauseous and hurt my stomach. Not for me.

The Gin Act 1751. See here.

One documentary I saw paints that it was a bane to society. But this article if you read between the lines, looks like lobbying government to change tax structure. The purpose to make poor common folk with small businesses of gin making go out of business, not so much worrying about too many drunk peasants. It is like legalized capitalist power play to get rid of competition and corner the market.

Some people really like it. But I don’t like the styles. Once I thought I liked heisenweifen because it was infused on the spot with a gallon of fresh raspberries. It was the bomb and not overly sweet. Then I tried some plain. Bleh!

New Threads

Top Bottom