• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite beer?

Quart

What's your favourite beer?

As for style, it would be mild with imperial stout becoming a close second. I love pale, goldenn beers so I'm not solely a dark beer drinker.

Devine Rebel
Tokyo*
Punk IPA
5AM Saint
77 Lager
Alice Porter (6.2%)
Dead Pony Club
Elvis Juice
Hardcore IPA (9.2%)
Nanny State (1.1%)
Paradox Grain (#002)
Rip Tide
This. Is. Lager.

I used to drink Stella, Carling, Carlsberg... but I find lager bloats me badly and even one or two will give me a killer headache so I avoid lager now and stick to fruity cider and vodka.

I used to drink Stella, Carling, Carlsberg... but I find lager bloats me badly and even one or two will give me a killer headache so I avoid lager now and stick to fruity cider and vodka.

Tell me where you live (a reasonable approximation, say) and I can sort you out with recommendations if you want them. You want less carbonation in your lager.

I don't drink beer but do occasionally cook with it. I prefer Mexican beers such as Tecate or Modelo for making chili. Corona beer tastes awful in chili, like BudLite.

As I do not drink alcohol, but have a favorite sports team, my favorite 2 beers are shown below, which sort of relates to your question.

https://mobile.twitter.com/buffalobills/status/995043366906744834/photo/1

I don't drink beer but do occasionally cook with it. I prefer Mexican beers such as Tecate or Modelo for making chili. Corona beer tastes awful in chili, like BudLite.

I wonder what style of beer would go best with chilli. A pale lager would be more than a bit dull I think. I'd have to think about that. Maybe a moderately hoppy IPA would be better? I don't know - I'd have to experiment. We have Modelo and Corona (and Coronita) here, they're pretty well known.

I'm still learning about the wonderful world about beers. Here is what I know I like:
Corona (Light)
Blue Moon
Shock Top
Angry Orchird (The blue or green flavor)
Angel City: Honey Grapefruit <-- Super hard to find! Its my favorite too!
Samuel Adams Grapefruit <-- Taste like Angel City but dosen't have that sweet after taste
This one german grapefruit beer which name escapes me
There is another beer I like that comes from Germany but it taste like Corona without the lime taste. It comes in a silver can...

I like fruity beers <3

because I stay away from alcohol.:yum:

It might be because it's a different culture and all of that. You can have a good time with beers that are low in alcohol. If you had a beer that was under 4% ABV like a golden ale you'd have to drink quite a lot to get drunk. We're talking a couple of litres. I drink mild because the bitterness is not there but it's not too sweet either. It's dark, malty and roasted.

To be honest, I'm pushing it a bit here albeit that the thread is about beer.

Moorhouse's Black Cat
Fuller's London Porter
Hop Back Summer Lightning
Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (both Ireland and Nigeria)
Farsons Blue Label Ale
Oakham JHB
Oakham Citra
Nøgne Ø Imperial Stout
Ilkley Crossroads
Manns Brown Ale

That's a few of them.

It might be because it's a different culture and all of that. You can have a good time with beers that are low in alcohol. If you had a beer that was under 4% ABV like a golden ale you'd have to drink quite a lot to get drunk. We're talking a couple of litres. I drink mild because the bitterness is not there but it's not too sweet either. It's dark, malty and roasted.

To be honest, I'm pushing it a bit here albeit that the thread is about beer.
Yes, you ARE pushing it.:rage: The whole root beer thing was meant to be a joke. I have absolutely no interest in alcohol, there is nothing about drinking it that appeals to me, I hate living in a society that glorifies drinking, and I hate it when people suggest or offer it to me.:rage:

The thread is specifically about beer, most of which contains alcohol.

If you don't want a drink, that's perfectly fine. You shouldn't be judged for not drinking beer, but you're unreasonable for raging when people offer you one. If your parents are alcoholics, I understand. Or if you're not 19 or you're Muslim or Mormon (or any other reason).

Is it Schofferhofer Grapefruit?
Thats the one!
f you don't want a drink, that's perfectly fine. You shouldn't be judged for not drinking beer, but you're unreasonable for raging when people offer you one. If your parents are alcoholics, I understand. Or if you're not 19 or you're Muslim or Mormon (or any other reason).
Even if she is, that dosen't give her a reason to be preachy like this. We are grown adults. We are able to make our decisions. We shouldn't have a preacher tell us what to do.

New Threads

Top Bottom