• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite Band/Musician.

Ufff, very hard desicion to make, but my Top 3 would be:

1. Metallica
2. Judas Priest
3. Dream Theater

Hi, I'm the father of a fine aspie musician. He started playing guitar and piano at age 12, and from age 13 to 19 he wrote, played, and recorded over a 100 pieces. Most of them were instrumentals, but a dozen or so were songs, heartfelt with lyrics about his condition and his struggles and problems. He wrote mostly for the attention of his extended family (he's lived with me from age 9) including his mother and sisters whom he hasn't seen much. None of them paid much attention to his music, even though I posted nearly all his creations on Bandcamp. He kept having me move further and further away from them, and all the time getting more and more hurt by the family's inattention. Now we've moved 250 miles away and he won't communicate with them at all (and they seldom try to contact him). And, worst of all, he's practically stopped playing music. He deleted his entire Bandcamp site, which I/we put a lot of love and work into. He's bitter, angry, and sad, and spends his time hanging out with his dog and playing Legend of Zelda and Double Dash. I don't know what to do. He wants me to move out, find another place to live, but not so far away that I can't help him when he's in need. I think his music is really spectacular, but I can't figure out how to promote it. I think if the right organization got ahold of his music, they would be astounded at the quality and variety of genres that he's created music for, from metal to blues, to classical, to pop, jazz, reggae, and rock and rockabilly. Any one who's interested and wants to give a listen to his music let me know I i'll try and hook you up. Thank you, Daiai Papa in Northern California.

Hello. Yes, we would love to hear your son’s music, as we relate a lot to your post, as our high functioning Autistic son, age ten now, started singing at age seven, and has a desire to be a super singer one day, he says. Unfortunately, despite his special talent, we are unsure when is the best time for us to promote, and how, but we keep racking our brains there, as his very young age may make those important others not take him seriously yet, and for safety reasons, we want to figure out that as well, how best to promote.

We actually were looking for someone to hire to create instrumentals/songs for Aaron, as right now he is singing soft
pop/rock covers. We want to find someone that understands Autism, and knows the various feelings there, and someone with a passion for music, with instrumental/song writing abilities, just like our son and family now have a passion for music. We are sorry your son’s other family was not giving him attention for his strong musical interest and great abilities. We hope he continues with it.

We would be glad to collaborate with you, and maybe we can help each other with our children’s talents. Let us know how we can view his instrumentals and songs. We would love to give feedback and support, just as we hope others will give feedback to our son’s singing. He loves the attention from that too, but lately has been getting down from only us family members seeming to care. This despite his wonderful efforts the last two years, and his excellent progress there.

not in order of favourite :
Abba
Queen
Aha
Mary Mary
Adam and the Ants
Dc talk
Robert Palmer
Chris Rea
Karen Carpenter
Tom Paxton

This certainly is an interesting topic. Here is my contribution in no particular order:

- Behemoth
- Anaal Nathrakh
- Emperor
- Carach Angren
- King Diamond
- Chopin
- Prokofiev

I can't pick a fave but I like Florence + The Machine too :)
There are a lot of great performers from the UK, actually. I like Laura Marling, Benjamin Clementine, Lianne La Havas. Amy Winehouse.
A lot of older music is good too

New Threads

Top Bottom