• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite Band/Musician.

Tomos

Hi everyone!

Just wondering what or who is favourite band or musician?

mine is Florence + The Machine. :)

So many for me too.
But, I always like what they termed the "British Invasion", starting as a child with the Beatles.
My favourite genre is '80s classic rock and especially the Brit bands and singers.
Although one of my favourite singers was from right here in Florida, Tom Petty.

Many, not just one. I like progressive rock bands, like Jethro Tull, Yes, Genesis, Marillion and Rush. I also like Skyclad, New Model Army, Wishbone Ash and other miscellaneous bands.

Band is a local band called The Human League, musician is Meat Loaf (even though his last 2 albums sucked IMO)

Way too many to list really, but top ones - Tool, Cult of Luna, Silent Descent, A Perfect Circle, Asking Alexandria.
When I was younger I was really into Deftones, KoRn, Papa Roach, Seether, Silverchair, Opeth, System of a Down, Thrice, Pendulum, American Headcharge and 36 Crazyfists.

Vocalists - Freddie Mercury, Corey Taylor (of Slipknot/Stone Sour), Maynard James Keenan (of Tool/APC), Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) and Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam).

And that is still naming a few :rolleyes: I love metal/rock music too much!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm the father of a fine aspie musician. He started playing guitar and piano at age 12, and from age 13 to 19 he wrote, played, and recorded over a 100 pieces. Most of them were instrumentals, but a dozen or so were songs, heartfelt with lyrics about his condition and his struggles and problems. He wrote mostly for the attention of his extended family (he's lived with me from age 9) including his mother and sisters whom he hasn't seen much. None of them paid much attention to his music, even though I posted nearly all his creations on Bandcamp. He kept having me move further and further away from them, and all the time getting more and more hurt by the family's inattention. Now we've moved 250 miles away and he won't communicate with them at all (and they seldom try to contact him). And, worst of all, he's practically stopped playing music. He deleted his entire Bandcamp site, which I/we put a lot of love and work into. He's bitter, angry, and sad, and spends his time hanging out with his dog and playing Legend of Zelda and Double Dash. I don't know what to do. He wants me to move out, find another place to live, but not so far away that I can't help him when he's in need. I think his music is really spectacular, but I can't figure out how to promote it. I think if the right organization got ahold of his music, they would be astounded at the quality and variety of genres that he's created music for, from metal to blues, to classical, to pop, jazz, reggae, and rock and rockabilly. Any one who's interested and wants to give a listen to his music let me know I i'll try and hook you up. Thank you, Daiai Papa in Northern California.

Last edited:
I've got so many favorites. But I guess my absolute longtime favorites that will never die are Belinda Carlisle, Patty Smyth, Aimee Mann, Tiffany, Martika, Basia.

Me too! I can't wait for the new album! :D
Oh, this is interesting - according to one Facebook source, the new album is a pack with a video, an HD screen plus speakers, booklet and mp3 download card. All costing about 85 pounds (about $100) :astonished:

Oh, this is interesting - according to one Facebook source, the new album is a pack with a video, an HD screen plus speakers, booklet and mp3 download card. All costing about 85 pounds (about $100) :astonished:

o_O ... jeez. You are right. The physical copy is rather hefty, but there is an MP3 download version for a tenner on Amazon. Tool have always been hyper-protective over their material, it's a miracle that they finally released their music on all streaming services, because, while I own all the CDs, I primarily listen to Spotify rather than carry MP3's between devices. I'm not sure I want to pay £85 for it all though...

Actually saw my favorite band last night when they came to town for a concert.
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard.

Australian Psychedelic Rock/Metal/Boogie/Etc
15 albums since the start of the decade.
Hard to beat that.

Other favorite artists are Kanye West, & Kishi Bashi.

New Threads

Top Bottom