• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite toys

ZebraAutismo

V.I.P Member
What are people’s favourite toys previously or now. I’ve always love teddies and dolls from being very little. I loved Winnie the Pooh teddies abs baby dollls when I was very young. Slightly older I liked retro style Polly pocket . Now my interests lie around high end dolls like Reborns, Antonia Jeans and American Girls but still with an interest in Polly Pocket and have a lot of teddies.

When I was little I really liked cardboard boxes, to make things with. And I loved playing with blocks, Lincoln Logs, marbles (we made marble runs & stuff with this awesome '80s/'90s toy Mom found at a thrift store, called a "Marble Tube Track." That's it. That's all it said on the box but it was this thing you could build a custom marble run with.)

I liked HO scale trains as well.

And Matchbox cars. I think I still have a few Matchbox cars because you don't just throw those away.

Dad's keys were fun too, and the dog, and shovels, and whatever else.

We were on a real budget & didn't play much with the latest toys but we had a ton of fun with what was around; Mom & Dad encouraged my kid brother & I to use our imaginations which we had plenty of, and it was great. I also really loved stuffed animals & such. All toys had names and personalities & backstories. It was decent!

I did get to see a erector set. My daughter had the marble run. Race car track that we would race. She had a hot wheel track for awhile.. She had her cowboy hat from Toy Story. She had the Buzz Lightyear guy too. I fell in love with Cabage Patch dolls. But my bike and skates and tennis racket - oh skate board brought me the most fun in life. And the roller blading rink where l could go as a young adult and pretty much do as l please. Where did those days go?

Last edited:
I like fashion dolls and accessories, Lego sets, anything that is miniature and looks realistic, and LOL Surprise blind balls and playsets. I was really into Barbie before Mattel cheapened the quality and kept using the exact same face paint on literally every playline Barbie. I just want things that don’t feel like they are overpriced and clothes with patterns on the front that suddenly stop in the back.

Stuffed dogs :) I still collect them. I actually have a few hundred since I’ve been collecting them basically my whole life :oops: These are a few favorites.
They all have names and individual personalities… they all even have collars.
1FC89B9E-1F55-4F06-A8EA-AE47D03BC86F.jpeg

Lego and Action Man were my childhood favourites.

Only toy I have now is my fire staff, and I only say that because I buy them from a website called Fire Toys

Ed

I always loved dollhouses . I currently own three but sadly i can currently only display two.Creating rooms and a backstory to them is always very fun. I also love the history of dollhouses and how they changed over the centurys. This is the biggest one i own and my grandpa made it for my aunt when she was little, if i remeber correctly. I got it as a christmas present when i was a small child.

Attachments

• _20220127_125007.JPG
    _20220127_125007.JPG
    633 KB · Views: 66
As a kid my favorites were my jump rope and my roller skates. I loved, loved, Polly Pockets mini too.

@Captain Jigglypuff, as you know all the dolls in the Barbie line have different names. When I was a kid I didn't realize that. I would ask for "A Barbie" and my mom would buy me one more doll with the Barbie name. I think I had a set of quadruplets. I think my mom finally figured it out whan I asked her "Why don't you ever get the brown haired Barbie?" :p

Last edited:
What are people’s favourite toys previously or now. I’ve always love teddies and dolls from being very little. I loved Winnie the Pooh teddies abs baby dollls when I was very young. Slightly older I liked retro style Polly pocket . Now my interests lie around high end dolls like Reborns, Antonia Jeans and American Girls but still with an interest in Polly Pocket and have a lot of teddies.
Liked Sindy dolls, Barbie(I'm from the generation when Barbie had just blonde hair very tall almost prepubescent) seemed a strange shape .

Also like 3d board games ,liked cluedo(clue) not monopoly couldn't identify with the London area.

Loved the idea of a Victorian dolls house ,never had one ,but had something's for inside.

Last edited:
I always loved dollhouses . I currently own three but sadly i can currently only display two.Creating rooms and a backstory to them is always very fun. I also love the history of dollhouses and how they changed over the centurys. This is the biggest one i own and my grandpa made it for my aunt when she was little, if i remeber correctly. I got it as a christmas present when i was a small child.
I have four of those dollhouse rooms that I really should finish putting together but I never do. I did assemble a dollhouse to completion once but never got to paint and decorate it as it was at the house of the fiancé of the woman who helped raise me and abused me. It was among the many things that she took and/or withheld from me that I lost when I cut off most ties with her after she attached me. It took me two months to put it together and had just finished it before she assaulted me. I can’t get another kit as my dad think that type of thing is meant only for little girls and doesn’t want me to have anything l8ke that.

I have four of those dollhouse rooms that I really should finish putting together but I never do. I did assemble a dollhouse to completion once but never got to paint and decorate it as it was at the house of the fiancé of the woman who helped raise me and abused me. It was among the many things that she took and/or withheld from me that I lost when I cut off most ties with her after she attached me. It took me two months to put it together and had just finished it before she assaulted me. I can’t get another kit as my dad think that type of thing is meant only for little girls and doesn’t want me to have anything l8ke that.

That makes me sad. All of it. But your dad has weird ideas. Men have been crafting miniatures as a exhibition of their skill forever. Only modern men with warped ideas think otherwise.

That makes me sad. All of it. But your dad has weird ideas. Men have been crafting miniatures as a exhibition of their skill forever. Only modern men with warped ideas think otherwise.
That is sad, isn't it. I remember my first day of kindergarten very clearly. I got to the classroom ans saw a miniature house model at one end. I was entranced with it and went to take a good look. The teacher hustled me away, berating me, saying I should never play with girls toys. One is taught to be ashamed of such things. But, screw that. I don't think I am typically male, especially as I look upon pro sports as boring and stupid.

I rememeber that too, it was a Lord of the Flies situation. The girls were nice and sensible but we boys tried to kill each other most of the time in kindergarten. It was rough. A warm-up before primary school were it got a little worse.
Didn't you grow up in Norway? I had a weird idea that Norwegians are more enlightened. :oops:

Yeah but I grew up in a small place in the countryside in the 1980s. And at the time and the place boys learned to be hard. It was important to be a macho guy. But it changed, the 80s was the last of it I think, now it`s very equal and it`s less important to be an old fashion man. It was just the way it was when I was young.

I think Norway is pretty good now, women and men are equal here and I support women as best I can. The vast majority of men here do, Norwegian women have all our respect and support.

Times have certainly changed here too. The U.S. is slow to catch up though. We are still debating whether women have agency over their own bodies.

as a child I was obsessed with dinosaurs. I had so many dinosaur toys. I don’t have an interest in toys now....I just game.

As a kid,
Hot Wheels/Matchbox;
some action figures;
many flying toys:
  • kites,
  • gliders,
  • Frisbees,
  • rings,
  • boomerangs &
  • a Zoom-It.
full

Vintage Toy Ad, 1971

As an adult, I have a troupe of custom action dolls for use as lay figures, particularly for faces.

Flickr: Playscale Poser

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom