• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Car?

EricD

What are your favorite cars, and why do like/ want/own one?
I can't drive, but I love Corvettes. Yo get a 200mph car for $75K and it's made RIGHT HERE IN KENTUCKY!!

I like base model cars. Ones without all the electronics on top. The one I drive has a physical key. To unlock and lock it you have to put the key in the door. To start the car you have to put it in and turn it. You physically turn the mirrors, rather than electronically. It has no sat nav, no cruise control, no city braking, no climate control, no sensors for parking, no automatic transmission, nothing like that. It is just what it needs to be a car, and that's how I like it. It has air con, electric windows, a radio, indicators, wipers, lights, ABS but that's about it I think. I like driving because it's something I'm able to do on my own so it makes me feel more independent.

I'm jealous, most people think of driving as a chore, something they HAVE to do. What kind of car is it, who makes it?

It's a VW (not one that was part of the emission thing) polo, nice small car. Makes it easier to park. And I guess it sort of is for me, seeing as I use it to get to the shops or take my parents to places, but it doesn't bother me because I like that I'm doing something useful if that makes sense, hate feeling like a lazy freeloader.

Iv heard of the Polo, great little car! Too bad they don't sell it here, it would do well. My boss drives a Ford Expedition XL, though it should be called XXL! This thing is HUGE! I guess you need that with 5 kids, plus the ability to run errands between the two golf courses. I mean, you can see this thing from SPACE!!!!

I am a huge sucker for classic cars, just a shame I don't have the money, mechanical skills or tools to keep them running.

I wouldn't want a car with all that electric nonsense, it just distracts from driving and it's never perfect. If you can't park your car yourself or keep it at a steady speed without too much correction you shouldn't be on the road anyway. People depend too much on these things.

My uncle has a car with a blind spot detector, so if there is something in his blind spot, a small light in his mirror lights up. He recently had an accident with a scooter driver because he didn't manually check his blind spot and that electric gizmo didn't spot him.

Parking assist don't always work and need more space as a normal person with proper parking skills so if you always use that and then come in a situation where it either doesn't work or where you have to borrow somebody else's car, you can't park it anymore. Same for those distance sensors, those have blind spots you can hide trees in.

Cruise control as well, my dad's car has it, I hate using it. He does use it all the time but you just notice his response time lowering, he usually gets off the throttle much earlier and you often see people making weird moves on the highway just so they don't have to turn off their cruise control.

A lazy driver is the worst possible driver, if rather have a road full of attentive people doing 15 over the speed limit as a road full of people half asleep behind the steering wheel at exactly the allowed speed.

Give me a basic/classic car.

Or a motorcycle :3

Lowered about 3 inches, full undertray & diffuser 17x10's in front, 17x 12's in back, and as light as possible! It wold be all aero, handling and efficiency.

Ever se a '69 Camaro in the UK? My golf buddy Dave Kremzar has a Metallic Blue one. Beautiful car!

Look one up on Google, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro. Are thee many Camaros of any year there? I know they started shipping the 2016 Ford Mustang over there recently. Check out Chris Harris On Cars on YouTube.

The only American cars that are common on the roads here are the small ones - ford fiesta and ford ka are the most common ones, with some ford focus cars too. I don't see big muscle cars here.

I would either like something very comfortable like a Bentley or a big 4x4 SUV. In fact I'd like both :)

God news for you, then! Bentley IS making an SUV! Its called the Bentayga, & it goes on sale next year. Better order one while you can !

My favorite car is a truck, my truck. I am a very large person and I am most comfortable in the truck. It is a full sized Dodge 4x4. We have a late model Ford Focus that my wife drives. It is a fantastic car (not at all like the earlier Focus), but I do not fit in it very well. It is OK once I am in it, but getting in and out is a chore.

Can a car be an aspie obsession? If so, I was obsessed with everything vw bugs and mustangs when I was a kid. That's all I talked about. Had a 65 cal look bug and a 56 oval window, among many others. I might be done with bugs, but I still have the 66 mustang, and I was there when it was purchased in 67. I haven't driven it in 32 years, but I'm slowly making plans to. I always liked the early Mustang style. Mines not a rare one, so when I restomod it, it won't hurt the value. Should be fun to drive now that it's a classic. Pretty basic stuff to repair if something breaks. It might become a summertime daily driver, with plans for at least one Chicago to LA and back trip.

New Threads

Top Bottom