• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
As mentioned before, I'm going through Lent and am practicing a fair amount of fasting and penance. I figured I'd ask, does anyone else practice fasting, penance and the like as part of their religion or spiritual beliefs? I know about Islam and very vaguely Buddhism, what do you practice as part of your belief system, and how do you, personally practice it?

Not I said the Walrus. Although I'll do my usual and drop a Seth quote RE: penance:

"You create the idea of guilt. And when you believe in guilt, then you create the penance in accordance to how strongly you believe in the guilt."

"If you find that you are berating yourself because of something you did yesterday, or ten years ago, you are not being virtuous. You are most likely involved with artificial guilt. Even if a violation occurred, natural guilt does not involve penance. It is meant as a precautionary measure, a reminder before an event."

Ed

I try to fast ,what I do the most ,apart from sleeping and eating,in the denomination I know, that's what you fast, its to help(you become much clearer in perception) not punish ,thats what I learned

Not I said the Walrus. Although I'll do my usual and drop a Seth quote RE: penance:

"You create the idea of guilt. And when you believe in guilt, then you create the penance in accordance to how strongly you believe in the guilt."

"If you find that you are berating yourself because of something you did yesterday, or ten years ago, you are not being virtuous. You are most likely involved with artificial guilt. Even if a violation occurred, natural guilt does not involve penance. It is meant as a precautionary measure, a reminder before an event."

Ed
But God is Truth and Justice Himself, one of the purposes of penance is to make reparation for the very fact, that a wrong occurred in objective reality.

Of course there's more to penance than just that, this video helps explain it albeit it's ver long, apologies for that:

Ed

Who is Seth?

New Threads

Top Bottom