• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Facebook?

NeverEnder

V.I.P Member
I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook.

I usually just play some of the games with people I work with. (Funny, though: I have never met these people and surely never will (I work remotely and all the employees are scattered across the U.S. and Canada). It feels comfortable, friends without intimate knowledge of).

So, if anyone here would like to friend me I will open up and share my Facebook credentials.

Search for: Matthew Diefenbacher

Or, I guess, better yet, go directly to the following address and friend me:
http://www.facebook.com/matthew.l.diefenbacher

Thanks,
-<Matthew>-

I also have a love/hate relationship with FB, but have recently begun using it again [due to a better mood, and me trying to be more social]

I'm not gonna post the link on here, but if anyone on here wants it, you can PM me. :)

I "use" it... not as extreme as some people... I don't hoard friends, I add people (or people add me) whom I spoken to by some means. That might be from here, or just in person.

But if one were to ask me "what does FB mean to you?" I'd probably say... More procrastination! No seriously... I have no idea what it actually does for me, just like any other social network I might be on at any given moment in my life. They're, in most cases, interesting ways to share interesting one-liners, images, videos, music and what else you have with friends and people you know, but actually besides that... should Facebook do more for me?

I'm with Kas on this one... if anyone wants to add me...ask by PM (though I believe I do have it in my userprofile on this board as well), but in most cases give me a headsup so I know who you are, if you're going to add me.. clears some confusion, heh.

I'm not on Facebook but I'm not militantly against it or anything; I personally just don't see the appeal of it. You'd be surprised at the looks of shock and horror (slight exaggeration there :p ) I've received from people upon telling them that, especially those my own age. One girl told me that the ony other person she knows who isn't on FB is her nan, who is in her 70's. But like I said, I don't have a problem with other people using it. My driving instructor once told me that the only reason she joined FB was so that she can look at the business of people she knows, which doesn't come as much of a surprise to me because she can be very nosy. I don't like the thought of posting stuff about myself on there so that people like her can see it.

I'm not on Facebook but I'm not militantly against it or anything; I personally just don't see the appeal of it. You'd be surprised at the looks of shock and horror (slight exaggeration there :p ) I've received from people upon telling them that, especially those my own age. One girl told me that the ony other person she knows who isn't on FB is her nan, who is in her 70's. But like I said, I don't have a problem with other people using it. My driving instructor once told me that the only reason she joined FB was so that she can look at the business of people she knows, which doesn't come as much of a surprise to me because she can be very nosy. I don't like the thought of posting stuff about myself on there so that people like her can see it.

I understand. Thank you for your reply.

Let's put it this way:
1) I would have tons of fun with it when I was really young (before 18-19)
2) I would have much more fun with it if I was much younger and single (20-27)

but then I again, I would end up posting something stupid like: "I got so wasted last night" or "we dared blah blah to go outside without his underwear...it's so f...ing funny" then I would wonder was it stupid or not and did somebody tell my parents? :) so it's good the facebook didn't exist back than because of it.

Believe it or not I still have no clear understanding what is appropriate thing to say and what is not. If you allow me to talk about certain things I might go overboard because you haven't specified the limitations.

Now on the facebook I established a rule for myself - don't post anything emotional or too personal, just some random facts I find interesting or something that my kids have said or done on occasion, that's it. As for friends, I still don't get it. I invite people to be my friends if I know that they are not going to say, no, but, believe it or not, I'm not sure why I'm doing it. Almost none of my youth friends are on the facebook. When I meet new people and, let's say, like them, I don't know what the protocol is. Should I add them or not? I think I'm going to ask a few people about it...what do you guys think btw?

Sometimes I wonder if I could ever find people who are like me. I would have more fun with facebook then... When I could say, I understand how you feel or what you think. I mean, I have similar opinion on things with some people here, or sort of understand how they feel but not quite. But... I think if I met people like me,I would be really freaked out :) or maybe I should rephrase it, if one day I was able to relate to other someone really well I would be really freaked out...:) I don't know...doesn't matter :)

I feel left out here as it seems im the only one in the world who doesnt have a facebook account and doesnt know how to get on to it! On the other hand i wouldnt want everyone to read about me and i wouldnt know what to put on there. I only know how to go on the internet and dont have much computer knowledge.

I feel left out here as it seems im the only one in the world who doesnt have a facebook account and doesnt know how to get on to it! On the other hand i wouldnt want everyone to read about me and i wouldnt know what to put on there. I only know how to go on the internet and dont have much computer knowledge.

I began this thread but, I will say, Facebook is overrated. I honestly do not use it to keep up with friends/family (Probably because I don't care that much, honestly).

I use it for work-related things and I play some of the games on there. Most people, non-Aspies, seem to use it simply to "socialize" because they can never get enough of one-another. I am not like that.

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook.

I usually just play some of the games with people I work with. (Funny, though: I have never met these people and surely never will (I work remotely and all the employees are scattered across the U.S. and Canada). It feels comfortable, friends without intimate knowledge of).

So, if anyone here would like to friend me I will open up and share my Facebook credentials.

Search for: Matthew Diefenbacher

Or, I guess, better yet, go directly to the following address and friend me:
http://www.facebook.com/matthew.l.diefenbacher

Thanks,
-<Matthew>-

Hey! I just friended you on FB! Was hoping you were out there.........

I deleted my Facebook accounts - all 3 of them. I also deleted my LinkedIn and Twitter (two) accounts.

I will just focus on Google+ and Yahoo for now :)

Well i now have a facebook account but dont do much on there as dont post pics up there as dnt know how to and dont want to. Sometimes i go there to see wot other people i know are doing and probably post a comment to people im not that close to. I guess its another way of communication apart from texting etc. I dont want to add 100s of people on there,as dont see the point of that,only got about 9 friends on there.

Well i now have a facebook account but dont do much on there as dont post pics up there as dnt know how to and dont want to. Sometimes i go there to see wot other people i know are doing and probably post a comment to people im not that close to. I guess its another way of communication apart from texting etc. I dont want to add 100s of people on there,as dont see the point of that,only got about 9 friends on there.

I regularly do "spring cleanings" with my Facebook friend database, clearing out the people I no longer talk to or people I no longer like (or never liked), deleting people I don't want to know anything about me, etc. I don't even think it's a good way to keep up with people--98% of the crap on there is silly memes and angry political posts that I don't give two craps about.

Facebook terrifies me. I joined it briefly a couple years back with the intention to keep in touch better with extended family, cousins and such, and all these people I went to school with and random people my parents know from way back, all kinds of people I don't know started adding me as friends and totally freaked me out.

Family doesn't even matter - if they aren't those people I can meet physically, they are just random people my friends know - not me.

Anyway, I got to meet new friends via Google+, and I'm super excited :D

I finally decided that nobody on Facebook deserves my opinions unless they're willing to work a little bit for them. :biggrin: Just videos from now on!

I'm on facebook all the time. I bounce between it, AC, and a um other forum that I won't mention. Friend requests are welcome and I have some friends on there that ain't on here that are way cool and very open minded. THEN there's the few that just make you tilt your head and go "wtf was s/he thinking?" LOL

I will warn you...I'm a Pandora Radio ADDICT so don't be surprised if after you add me you see me adding screenshots from my iPhone :)

http://www.facebook.com/SirMaverick1775

ALSO I will remind you (in case you ain't read my profile) I AM open minded. I MAY NOT agree with something you say, BUT that's our right is it not? I can always agree to disagree. :)

Last edited:
oh, my facebook post on this thread is really old... :) I don't know how to communicate with people who stand against, what I believe, a matter of human rights. I'm talking about treating people of all shades of gay as normal: not sinners, not crazy, not anything. How to deal with people who say: "yeh... but God says..." Did the God talked to you personally? Are you a FB friend with the God and all his angels?
:)
Deep underneath it all I can't say I care too much, I have extremely philosophical outlook on life, I guess :) but my explosive mind tells me:"this is not right!"

7230922fdea2bc25e8e38d4e179ae13f.jpg

I have Facebook (in fact there's a link to it on my signature) and use it most days. I also have a Twitter account but I hardly ever use it.

New Threads

Top Bottom