• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Eye Colour Changes

merithra

Merithra of the Dream
Hello,
for the last few years I've noticed that my eyes can change colour periodically through the day between three colours - bright green, electric blue and dull grey. A friend of mine mentioned that it makes sense considering I am plural and it is a thing that plural people can have - while that does make sense is it normal for eyes to change between three colours during the course of a day?

My eyes change color too. For a long time I was told that my eyes were "hazel" (they're marked as hazel on my driver's license) but as you can see in pics I've posted of myself here, sometimes they are hazel or yellow/brown/green, sometimes they are bright green, and sometimes they are blue-green.
I have central heterochromia in both eyes which may contribute to this.
Wearing different color clothing, and taking pictures or looking in the mirror in different types of lighting can also cause apparent shifts in eye color.

The iris can change amounts of melanin the same as the skin due to exposure to sunlight.
The more sunlight, the darker the eyes and skin tans.

Eyes decrease their output of melanin as you age also. Brown eyes can actually go blue.

Rapid color changes are usually due to pupil size.
The change in size pushes the color pigments together when it is larger and the color pigments expand when the pupil gets smaller, thus creating color variants.

A friend of mine mentioned that it makes sense considering I am plural and it is a thing that plural people can have.
What does it mean to be plural? I have no clue as I've never heard the term before.

It seems to be normal as people have mentioned here. Sometimes I have hazel eyes and sometimes they are green with yellow. And I have that heterochromia-thing, that has something to do with it too I think.

My eyes also change colour, but not to any great extent. Blue, hazel, or a bluish green. It seems to depend on my moods.

I have hazel eyes, and was told that depending on the colour I wear, my eye colour changes and I believe that is common with hazel eyes.

My grandmother and my dad got into a fight if my eyes were blue or green. But my driver license says green. Lol

New Threads

Top Bottom